Ekachai Jearakul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ekachai Jearakul

So who is Ekachai Jearakul? He is considered one of today's most outstanding classical guitarists on the international scene. In 2014 he became the 1st Asian (Thai) guitarist to win the prestigious Guitar Foundation of America International Concert Artist Composition. He won 12 1st prizes at prestigious international guitar competitions in Europe, Asia, and North America and he was in Scranton playing a concert in St Luke's Episcopal Church.

So with the Thai community we went to Scranton to listen to a world class guitar player and show him our support. The guitar he is playing is a custom built guitar, built in Germany for a mere $100,000 US Dollars.

Camera Used: EOS M3 (Yes the M3) with the 18-55mm STM

1/60 sec @ f/5.6, ISO 1000 @ 33mm

1/60 sec @ f/5.6, ISO 1250 @ 55mm

1/60 sec @ f/5.6 @ ISO 2500 @ 20mm

My wife with his mother: 1/60 sec @ f/5.6, ISO 2500 @ 38mm

Comments Welcomed
    Tom

Re: Ekachai Jearakul

some nice shots Tom - the 2nd works very well
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Nice colourful shots Tom The M3 seems to be working well.
      Andrew

Comment

Nice compositions Tom
        Chris

60D, EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM,
        EF 50mm f/1.8 II, Sigma 10-20mm f3.5 EX DC

Comment

Thanks Ian, Andrew & Chris for stopping by.

I've had a M since they 1st came out and in 2013 used it to take a single picture everyday w/the 22mm lens. I really enjoyed that camera, but the M3 ergonomically is a much better camera, giving you the controls where you need them, on the camera body. I also like the new grip and the fact the the screen on the back can be moved to compose a better picture. I did not get the electric viewfinder as I did not need it with the original M (Used a hood Loupe when needed) so I cannot comment about it. As for focus speed, I must admit that I really do not see a lot of different between the M & the M3 on the focus yet. It still is not a sports, action, wildlife camera, but it still is an excellent walk around, travel, landscape and portrait camera, and for the $400 (body only) on eBay it is a steal compared to the over $500 (body only) when it gets released in the U.S.
          Last edited by tesarver; 14-09-2015, 13:04.

Comment

Like the second shot Tom as he is looking at the camera
            Alex

EOS R5 EOS 7D Mk ii Lenses EFS 18-55mm EFS 55-250mm EF 50mm 24-105mm Sigma EX 70-200 Sigma 150-600c

Comment

Second shot for me too

stan
              Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
              flickr

Comment

Thanks 2Beers & Stan for stopping by

Tom

Comment