Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in .../vb5/route/profile.php on line 74 Bargee on the Regent's Canal,Ice Wharf,Camden Lock. - EOS magazine forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bargee on the Regent's Canal,Ice Wharf,Camden Lock.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bargee on the Regent's Canal,Ice Wharf,Camden Lock.

Not long after this was taken,we had the first of a few heavy downpours.Happy I had my 55-250 with me,knowing from last year at the same place it would be needed.

IMG_0479 by Roy Widdowson, on Flickr

Roy,

I like the subject but I find the windows a little distracting.
    Being a little over critical maybe but is the focus slightly off?

Bob

EOS 6D mkII, EOS 6D, BG-E13 Grip, EOS 30 (Film), EOS M5, EF-M 22mm f2.0, EF-M 18-150mm, 35mm f2.0 IS, 50mm f1.8 STM, 17-40 f4 L, 24-105 f4 L IS, 70-200f4 L IS, 430EX II, 270EX II, Manfrotto 190XDB +496RC2 tripod, Op Tech straps & Think Tank bags.

Comment

Originally posted by bobowen View Post
      Roy,

I like the subject but I find the windows a little distracting.
      Being a little over critical maybe but is the focus slightly off?

I used a single AF point over his eye,possibly a smaller aperture would have helped though..the background was the cleanest(ie uncluttered) one available.

Also maybe my 70-300 would have been better,but I wanted to travel light so left it at home.
      Last edited by Guest; 10-03-2020, 16:36.

Comment

....just a thought but is this a micro focus adjustment issue...the focus is slightly in front....it might be worth reviewing a few shots to check if it’s just a one off.....I think you can change the adjustment on the 7D
        Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Roy

Appreciate you cannot move a background but sometimes a step to one side can help - always assuming your personal safety!

Brian's point about micro adjustment might be worth looking into especially if it has been done by the previous owner of your 7D.
          I've done it on my 6D but it was only required for one of my lenses (a pre owned 17-40mm)
          Bob

EOS 6D mkII, EOS 6D, BG-E13 Grip, EOS 30 (Film), EOS M5, EF-M 22mm f2.0, EF-M 18-150mm, 35mm f2.0 IS, 50mm f1.8 STM, 17-40 f4 L, 24-105 f4 L IS, 70-200f4 L IS, 430EX II, 270EX II, Manfrotto 190XDB +496RC2 tripod, Op Tech straps & Think Tank bags.

Comment

Now you've got me worried.I wouldn't know what I'm looking for,and I certainly have no intention of adjusting anything when I don't know what I'm doing.It's that old saying.."If you have to ask,don't do it!"

It could mess everything up big time.If I may I'll post a couple more shots later today where I used that same lens and perhaps you and others might be able to spot if there is indeed a focus issue with it?

At least then I'll be aware if there is.

Comment

Bob you posted that just as I was replying to Brian.

Comment

Re the background..I'm sure you're aware that Camden Lock is a busy old place.Where I was sitting is a fairly narrow area with not much scope for moving around so I did what I could with what was available.

Comment

Just to add;I think it's the first time I've used that lens with the 7D so maybe there's a problem I wasn't aware of.

I'll post a couple more shots taken with it of similar subjects.

Comment

IMG_0478 by Roy Widdowson, on Flickr

IMG_0477 by Roy Widdowson, on Flickr

Both taken at the same settings as the first one 250mm at f5.6,can you see the focus issue on them?The top one is a very tight crop.

Comment

Roy

IMG_0748 l looks better to me.

Micro adjustment isn't anything to worry about, it's quite normal and can be very useful especially when dealing with pre-owned items.

Have a look at his - https://www.slrlounge.com/canons-fre...ent-guidebook/

Bob
                      Bob

Comment

There is a procedure published in EOS magazine …..if you have on line access to past copies you could probably find it. It involves taking shots at (I think) a subject distance of 50 times the focal length….at bit of atrial end error until you get optimum results...
                        I was chatting to a wedding pro at the NEC show last year...we both had 5D4 and 50f1.2L and both had set +8 to get best results.
                        Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Thanks for your encouragement and advice chaps.It seems it's just that one lens that may be slightly out,and for the rare occasions I use it now,preferring my 70-300 for distance stuff,I'll leave micro-adjusting it out.Plus,if I need really long reach any time,TonyT is kind enough to lend me his 100-400L Mk2.

The only reason I took it with me was to save a bit of weight in my bag,knowing I'd be doing a lot of walking on that day,Camden markets and then Spitalfields market afterwards.

Comment

Working...
                          X