Kenya: a portrait

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kenya: a portrait

A portrait I took in Kenya this year during an assignment.
    In the Kibera suburbs (800.000 people living there).

Canon 5D Mark II
    24-70 2.8
    Ambient Light (early morning)

--
    Eolo Perfido Photography
    Represented by Sudest57

info@eoloperfido.com

Eolo Perfido Photography - Portrait, Fashion, Commercial and Advertising Photographer. Leica Ambassador and Akademie Instructor. Represented by Sudest57.

Re: Kenya: a portrait

A picture tells a thousand words, I don't know what your assigment was but this image has real power

Technically, the focus seems to be more on the jumper than the eyes but that is a minor point
    My camera is helping to look at the world more closely, then record what I see to share with others.

http://imagesfromnature.foliopic.com

Comment

just like a lot of your other work Eolo, a very strong image.
      David

EOS 1000D EFS18-55mm, EF 75-300mm, Kenko DG Extension Tubes

Please bare with me on replies to your comments as my work commitments keep me away from here during the week.
      All of your comments and advice are gratefully received and appreciated though

Comment

A great shot Eolo, very atmospheric, I found it difficult to take my eyes of the young lads eyes, I dont know what he is thinking or what mood he is in, sad or angry, I wonder what asperations he has in life.

Ray

Comment

As Pinkeez said a very powerful image that speaks volumes

Comment

A superb shot and brings back memories of my years spent in Nigeria during the civil war- Biafra! Very harrowing to even think about what happened.
            Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Wonderful shot, it must have been amazing to assist Steve McCurry is this one you were helping him with ?

Comment

Hello,
                yes when i made this shot i was with him. Its a very formative experience to assist him during his shooting. I'll be with him in India from the 16 to the 28 of January. Take care.

Eolo

Comment

Working...
                X