Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Model Shoot

Originally posted by Paulstw View Post
    Yeah I just saw that their cheapest set is about 200-300. Hmmm well worth it in the long run but like anything in photography you need to put in to get out.
    Always go with the best you can afford, and you won't have too many regrettable purchases, learn that from others who have done it lol

Comment

very nice set John. I like the lighting, not that I ann any expert on studio lighting!

Richard
      Richard Anderson Photography at www.raphoto.me

Comment

Thanks for your comments Richard, and you don't need to be an expert to know what you like

John

Comment

Originally posted by Paulstw View Post
          Yeah I just saw that their cheapest set is about 200-300. Hmmm well worth it in the long run but like anything in photography you need to put in to get out.
          If I hadn't got mine for the price I did I would have bought some with adjustable ouput. Mine will do for now I just have to move the lights around to alter the lighting. If they ever die I will certainly be looking at a set of bowens.
          1Dmk2, Canon 70-200 f4 L Non-IS & a borrowed canon 28mm

Flickr
          Facebook
          www.paulraybouldphotography.co.uk

Comment

Great photos, much better than anything I've ever done. Possibly though the depth of field is a touch shallow? The hair in some of the shots is a little soft. Unless that's what you were after, in which case I'll get my coat.
            EOS 600d & EOS 6D

35mm f/2.0, 50mm f/1.8, 85mm f/1.8, Sigma 28-70 2.8, 18-55 kit lens (plus some lenses which I hire)

various flash guns & modifiers

Comment

thanks for your comment Paul, I shot at f8 due to the flash I was using to light the background wasn't firing. and back drop was all creased, shallower DOF hid most of the creases

Joh

Comment

Yes! Creases! Don't you just hate them?

Surprising though how shallow the dof is at f8.
                EOS 600d & EOS 6D

35mm f/2.0, 50mm f/1.8, 85mm f/1.8, Sigma 28-70 2.8, 18-55 kit lens (plus some lenses which I hire)

various flash guns & modifiers

Comment

Originally posted by Paul_Ekert View Post
                  Yes! Creases! Don't you just hate them?

Surprising though how shallow the dof is at f8.
                  yes it is, had me doubting so had a look at exif and yes f8 it was

John

Comment

Working...
                  X