First Glimpse of an Alien World.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Glimpse of an Alien World.

Shock as images beam back to Earth, is this the home of the bone fragments?

CROSS-POL-08-04-13-1361.jpg
    Am I qualified to comment on others!

Canon EOS-60D - EF 24-105mm f4
    L IS USM - Tamron Adaptall2 500mm f/8 with 2x converter - Meike Speedlight MK950 - LEE Filters: professional kit, ND Grad (hard) .3 .6 .9, Coral 4 hard grad & cir-pol 105 - CarrySpeed sling.

Tom Bennett Photography on Flickr

Re: First Glimpse of an Alien World.

Sorry, to dark for me.

Tom

Comment

Hi Tom, it is dark, I noticed it on the contact sheet, I thought I could see something threw the murky gas clouds. Maybe it's the painkillers and wine.

L IS USM - Tamron Adaptall2 500mm f/8 with 2x converter - Meike Speedlight MK950 - LEE Filters: professional kit, ND Grad (hard) .3 .6 .9, Coral 4 hard grad & cir-pol 105 - CarrySpeed sling.

Comment

I agree with Tom S that if you gave it a little more brightness, vibrancy and possibly clarity it would be great and I don't think you would loose any of the murky clouds

Comment

How about this, I took various exposures.

CROSS-POL-08-04-13-1369.jpg

Comment

Tom, I hope you don't mind but I copied you second image and made a couple of tweeks to try and show you what I meant.

Basically all I did was increase the detail a little, add a little brightness and move the curve slider a little to improve the vibrance of the image.

I have deleted all copies from my PC and if you wish will happily delete this image from the flickr site.

Comment

No I don't mind at all though I think it is a little too vibrant for the image in my head. I've just put it through PS and come up with the following. I didn't really want to photoshop any images if possible, maybe I should now look more into that too. I mean I did want a digital camera so I could explore digital processing though as a newbie (a phrase I hate) I thought I shouldn't really use an editor.

CROSS-POL-08-04-13-1365-b.jpg

Comment

Tom, don't look at photoshop, LR, elements as an editor, but as tools you would use in a darkroom. You are doing the thing with photoshop as you would be doing with an enlarger, filters, dodging and burning, except now you don't need the chemicals.

Tom

Comment

I know what you mean, I wanted to try and shoot clean to learn the techniques of a good picture in the camera. Anyhoo, luckily some new images have been beamed back to mission control. I've looked at the lighting and reshot the scene, and used the tools within photoshop to enhance the image.

I seem to forget that your notes are similar to sound students I teach occasionally, the microphone, digital workstation, et al are all tools to create sound with depth and meaning.

This fresh in from DSLR 60D currently orbiting, at a safe distance, the strange new planet. This one seems a lot more vibrant, detail can sometimes be lost due to the vastness of the universe.

ALIEN-09-04-13-1471.jpg

Mind you it's starting to look like the moment after a nuclear explosion!

Comment

Working...
                  X