A time warp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A time warp?

A few months ago now I took part in a fun mystery challenge where we all had to pick a number from 1 to 40 to get our subject. Mine was time. So I thought I wanted to do something a little different.

I had this miniature camera clock and thought "hmm there's gotta be something there" so I popped out my mobile sort of studio that people use for product photography etc and placed the camera inside. I then used some blue and red LED finger lights pointed and the camera and popped a black backdrop inside. Set my camera on a tri-pod, focused on the centre of the clock, set a long exposure and while it was taking, zoomed in and out of the image. It took alot of attempts but I got something I was happy with. I just wish I couild of got the centre of the clock a little bit more focused.

It recieved some good feedback after the challenge, people saying it was a clever way to interpret time and it was different. Here is my final image that I entered.

CANON 40d with sigma 18-55mm
    Shot indoors
    ISO 100
    F11
    15s
    Spot metering

IMG_1741-HDR.jpg
    Last edited by NathCarr91; 04-07-2022, 18:23.

Image was also stacked using 4 images in total with different exposure times. Giving a total of 15 seconds

Comment

Brilliantly thought out and executed, nice work.
      7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Very effective and as Bill says well thought out and executed.
        Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Thank you both! I really appreciate your kind words.

The one thing i would of preferred is the clock to be more in focus instead of blurred hand and numerals. Perhaps so editing of a still image into it might work?

I'm not that skilled in lightroom yet

Comment

Technically the clock does appear to be in focus, it's the zoom blur and probably a bit of hand induced camera shake that taking the edge off the sharpness. That said I think having the centre absolutely sharp might well clash with the more ethereal appearance of the the remainder of the subject. Personally I'm liking it just as it is and wouldn't touch a thing.
            Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

A great looking photo, well done.
              Railway Photography - Steam Train Photos

Comment

Originally posted by El Sid View Post
                Technically the clock does appear to be in focus, it's the zoom blur and probably a bit of hand induced camera shake that taking the edge off the sharpness. That said I think having the centre absolutely sharp might well clash with the more ethereal appearance of the the remainder of the subject. Personally I'm liking it just as it is and wouldn't touch a thing.
                That's really kind of you say Nigel, and actually the more I think about what you said, the more I think your right about it being to sharp. It would take the effect away.

Thank you so much!

Comment

Originally posted by Colin W View Post
                  A great looking photo, well done.
                  Thank you Colin, that means alot!

Comment

Working...
                  X