Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/bbcode/url.php on line 2 Notice: str_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/string.php on line 3 Rose.....? - EOS magazine forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rose.....?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rose.....?

This evening I viewed a video on line regarding abstract art using Photoshop, so naturally I had to try it with some modifications however as they used the full version.
    Just wanted to share the results with you -- as I mentioned before, art really is in the eye of the beholder and I do appreciate this will not be to everyone's taste.
    My thoughts are that it is too dark, but I do not know how to make it lighter!! Perhaps it would make a good background for something?

This is just playing - you do need your own good photograph as a starting point.

All feedback, comments and observations welcome.

Rose

tartan rose by Rose, on Flickr

The original photo by Rose, on Flickr

As you say Rose it is a bit dark but I like the concept; to me it looks like swirls of tartan as you’d see in some wild dance. Definitely something well worth pursuing! Well done.

Ian
    Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

A bit on the dark side I think. The black point is about right but a boost of the colours wouldn't go amiss.
      Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Thank you Ian and Nigel for looking and taking time to comment.
        I must admit that having manipulated the original rose image I had not thought of using Photoshop to brighten the colours!
        ​​​​​​​Rose

Comment

As the others say, it is a bit dark, but I do like it. Well done.
          Railway Photography - Steam Train Photos

Comment

Thank you Colin for looking and your comments.
            next time I’m using my pc I’ll see what brightening the image achieves.
            Rose

Comment

Hi Rose agree with the comments above, can’t help much as it’s not my thing. However that is a stunning shot of the rose
              Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Rose
                I had a bit of a play at doing these a couple of years ago, prompted by a challenge on another forum that I am a member of. That forum is about image processing and not EOS cameras specifically so I think it is ok to share a link on here as it isn't in competition for members. My effort, whcih also looks quite tartan, is the eighth posting, but you may be inspired by some of the other efforts, or indeed some of the other challenges, which always start with a tutorial, for this one there is both a video and written instructions (which I find easier to follow):
                Canon EOS 7D
                EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
                Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
                flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Working...
                X