Multiple Exposure Canon Mirrorless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple Exposure Canon Mirrorless

I've just discovered a previously unknown feature on my R5 (and I assume R6s and R3s too). In camera Multiple exposures. The trigger was this article on the Canon site - I know it's not for everyone but some of the images are to my mind very interesting. I'm going to give it a go, and if I get anything worth sharing I'll post it.

Sorry about the long link it might be best to cut and paste.

Russell
    Canon 7D MkII, 550D EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF 70-200mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro, 300mm f/4L IS USM, Extender EF 1.4x III, Speedlite 600 EX-RT Speedlite 320EX
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/photorussell

Some Multiple Exposures that I was Playing with over the Holiday using the Canon R6

11-11 Tea Time by tesarver, on Flickr

11-21 Christmas Train photos of the Niagara 4-8-4 by tesarver, on Flickr

11-27 Christkindlmkt 2022 by tesarver, on Flickr

Multiple Exposures by tesarver, on Flickr

12-08 Where will they show up next by tesarver, on Flickr

Passing ship by tesarver, on Flickr

Tom

Comment

Hi Tom, Happy New Year. Interesting shots and no doubt there is a multitude of adventures that ca be achieved with multiple exposures. However I don't think it will be my thing.
      Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Hi Tom,
        Happy New Year.
        Interesting photos - some work for me more than the others with the ones I like being photo 1 and the last set of the boat & town.
        This is not a technic I have tried, I would like to think I may have time this year to experiment.
        Rose

Comment

Happy new year from me too.

Some interesting shots there, looks like you were having some fun.
          Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Very interesting results and I'm always happy to see a bit of abstract but my preference would be to do this in post where there is more control.

I can't shake the feeling that some of the features finding their way into cameras (and smartphones) is because 'they can' and not because 'they should'.

Cheers,
            John

Comment

Originally posted by ColytonJohn View Post
              Very interesting results and I'm always happy to see a bit of abstract but my preference would be to do this in post where there is more control.

I can't shake the feeling that some of the features finding their way into cameras (and smartphones) is because 'they can' and not because 'they should'.

Cheers,
              John
              This style is no different from the film days. Especially if you forgot to advance the film before cocking the shutter and taking a photo, which is what started the multi-exposure craze in film. Even Canon added a multi-exposure button to their 620 film camera for this that wanted to this feature. Even the Cokin filter system came with masks for multi-exposer. Wish I would have omkept mine.

Tom

Comment

Good to see these Tom, trying different ideas and techniques is a good thing, you never know what you'll discover, I had a go at this Christmas 21 with the Christmas lights but in an abstract form.
                Looks like you had fun doing them, Pic 4 and the last one work best for me

A Happy New Year to you.

Ian
                Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

Great mastery of the technique.
                  Alan

No longer using Canon but still teaching new Canon users (and others) the gentle art of Photography.

http://www.springfield-photography.com/

Comment

Working...
                  X