• Time
  • Show
Clear All

A-Z

Who needs satnav....

a3-22 by brianvickers, on Flickr
    Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

I may be the odd one out, but I don't use SatNav, much prefer the good old map - paper/cloth especially when I'm out walking on Dartmoor. Over the years I've built up a vast collection of OS 1:25 000 Explorer Maps covering all the National Parks and much more.
    Have still got numerous 1:25 000 2 1/2 inches to the mile maps all in cloth priced at the time 4/6d dated 1948!
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Wow....that beats my collection of OS 1;25000 and 1.50000 on paper......the one map I really liked but have lost was a 1960 Bartholomew - superb cartography showing great detail and contour shading.
      I now use the OS App....with downloaded copies of areas I need when walking in case of no signal.
      Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Ahh, A-Z the only was to find unknown streets at one time. Always irritating when it was in the space where the pages meet.

For general driving sat nav is excellent, have paper map as backup. For walking have GPS unit with compass and OS map as backup.
        Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Nice photo showing all the sat nav.
          Railway Photography - Steam Train Photos

Comment

nicely done....I tried navigating across London many years ago with an A-Z...road works and diversions...that is all I'll say!

Comment

Working...
            X