Rubbish! by Imran Qureshi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rubbish! by Imran Qureshi

I saw this exhibition by Imran Qureshi "After which I am no more I, and you are no more you". The artwork comprises 30,000 sheets of paper,each printed with photogrpahs of a vast floor painting Imran created in front of the Aga Khan Museum of Islamic Art in Toronto. The piece depicted green foliage in the form of motifs from Mughal miniature painting. In this work Imran has brought the garden previously created into the Truro Cathedral space in another form-transforming one work into another.

In this work, imagery relating to the garden is very important. In many religious books including the Bible and the Koran, the idea of the garden is used repeatedly- i.e the Garden of Eden.

Cornwall 2nd -9th July 2016 237 by Nathaniel Ramanaden, on Flickr

Cornwall 2nd -9th July 2016 231 by Nathaniel Ramanaden, on Flickr
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Re: Rubbish! by Imran Qureshi

modern art mmmmmm no comment, would say your title is correct
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Thanks Ian. So you agreed with my title! This is modern art. However I was very surprised to see the large number of people crowding around to see this. I had to find space to take some pics!!!!!
      Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

Comment

really ....one match and it would have made loads more space :)

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

Comment

Ha! Ha Ian. Rather naughty I would say. Funny, how quite a lot of people tended to enjoy the art work, first reading a large poster about it and then going round the subject. I will post a copy of the poster which I photographed in due course.

Comment

agree
            Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
            flickr

Comment

The promised poster.

Cornwall 2nd -9th July 2016 260 by Nathaniel Ramanaden, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Tigger View Post
                Agree

Tom

Comment

Surprised at the number of people who were impressed by it. Something wrong somewhere!!!!!!!

Comment

probably the same people that go to the Tate and look at a pile of bricks and think its stunning

Comment

Originally posted by Tigger View Post
                      Sorry Nat, but have to agree.

Comment

Nat

I'm an amateur artist and often quote Edward Degas who said "Art is not what you see but what you make others see".
                        My own view of this is exactly the same as everyone else who has replied, made even worse by the location in a beautiful building.

What you should have done is gone in close and then called you photo "art", I bet someone "arty" would have agreed!

Bob
                        Bob

EOS 6D mkII, EOS 6D, BG-E13 Grip, EOS 30 (Film), EOS M5, EF-M 22mm f2.0, EF-M 18-150mm, 35mm f2.0 IS, 50mm f1.8 STM, 17-40 f4 L, 24-105 f4 L IS, 70-200f4 L IS, 430EX II, 270EX II, Manfrotto 190XDB +496RC2 tripod, Op Tech straps & Think Tank bags.

Comment

The phrase "emperor's new clothes" comes to mind...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by supergeeman View Post
                            The phrase "emperor's new clothes" comes to mind...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
                            LOL..agree

Comment

I have always had this feeling that if a piece of art requires some great long spiel by the artist or self anointed art expert to explain it then it's fundamentally failed in one of arts most primary functions - namely to communicate a sense of what the artist feels, believes or wishes to inform others about...

On another level art is also sometimes just a matter of non-cerebral reaction - you like it or you don't. The self-styled intellectuals that tend to be particularly prevalent in the world of modern art are terminally inclined to pooh-pooh the concept of 'Art is what I like' but at the most primal level of conception it's still true - if you don't like it no amount of verbal diarrhoea from any 'expert' will convince otherwise.

PS I doesn't do much for me - but I think you guessed that...
                              Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Working...
                              X