Rubbish! by Imran Qureshi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rubbish! by Imran Qureshi

[QUOTE=El Sid;339681]I have always had this feeling that if a piece of art requires some great long spiel by the artist or self anointed art expert to explain it then it's fundamentally failed in one of arts most primary functions - namely to communicate a sense of what the artist feels, believes or wishes to inform others about...

Very well put. Applies to art and photography alike.

Bob
    Bob

EOS 6D mkII, EOS 6D, BG-E13 Grip, EOS 30 (Film), EOS M5, EF-M 22mm f2.0, EF-M 18-150mm, 35mm f2.0 IS, 50mm f1.8 STM, 17-40 f4 L, 24-105 f4 L IS, 70-200f4 L IS, 430EX II, 270EX II, Manfrotto 190XDB +496RC2 tripod, Op Tech straps & Think Tank bags.

Comment

It is what Jimmy Edwards once euphemistically described as "A load of old bullshine"
      John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Thanks for all your comments guys. Stirred up quite a lot of views. Does this apply to artists like Damien Hirst, dead sheep etc etc?
        Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel View Post
          Thanks for all your comments guys. Stirred up quite a lot of views. Does this apply to artists like Damien Hirst, dead sheep etc etc?
          Oh yes - in Spades
          John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

it is interesting to see everyone's comments on this. I don't see it as comparable in style to either Damien Hirst's work or piles of bricks, but more related to the recent 'Blood Swept Lands and Seas of Red' artworks that had ceramic poppies flowing out of various buildings. So why did most of us find those beautiful and moving but not this? Is it simply because of our cultural connection to the relevance of the poppy? If so, perhaps another culture would find this just as moving because of the context of the imagery on the sheets of paper. Or are those other artworks more skilfully done? I don't know.
            I have dismissed much of 'modern art' myself, but occasionally I do come across an installation or work that my head tells me I really shouldn't like, but grabs me in an unexpected way.
            Canon EOS 7D
            EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
            Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
            flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

This is the problem with modern art. It never hits you straight in the face. It is quite strange that this piece of art work attracted quite a lot of interest by the many people who had gathered to look at it and I had to wait a long time before I could find some room and breathing space to take a few pictures. It is also interesting to see some people have actually faved this photo on my flickr site!!!!!!
              Last edited by Nathaniel; 01-08-2016, 17:47.
              Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Working...
              X