More Splash's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More Splash's

These are from the same session but earlier frames before i sorted out the reflections. With some of these I have altered the colours in PS

Stan

splash by Neptuno.Photography, on Flickr

Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
    flickr

Re: More Splash's

Brilliant series Stan the colours work perfect and the water features are amazing.

Chris
    EOS 7D, EOS 600D, EFS 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II , EFS 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 L IS, EF 100mm f/2.8 L IS USM

Comment

Good set Stan.

I think the second one works best for me as the "Umbrella" has a symmetry to it.
      Colin

Comment

Cheers Chris and Colin

I think the second one works best for me as the "Umbrella" has a symmetry to it.
        agree.

Just one more - with this one i have applied a multi coloured gradient on a seperate layer and set to "soft light"

Stan

multi colour splash by Neptuno.Photography, on Flickr

flickr

Comment

Nice set Stan I was just wondering if you sharpen your shots up as was told last night (camera club) that you should never sharpen water or sky? he was talking about landscapes but just wondering if it affected water drop photography.
          Chris
          Practice makes perfect

Canon EOS 7D,1100D, EF 400mm f5.6L USM, EF 24-105 1:4 L IS USM, 18-55 Kit lens,EF 50mm 1.8, EF 100mm f2 USM, Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD Macro 1:2

Comment

The information you were given Chris is basically right. Because those areas of the shot are more likely to be single tone without any significant detail, digital noise will show up there and be much more noticeable than more detailed areas of the shot.

The trick with sharpening is only do what you need to and only where you need to. Therefore, selective sharpening of those sections of the photo that you want sharp, rather than sharpen the whole shot.

I apply some selective sharpening to my water splash shots.
            Colin

Comment

Stan

Tom

Comment

Thanks Tom

I was just wondering if you sharpen your shots up as was told last night (camera club) that you should never sharpen water or sky? he was talking about landscapes but just wondering if it affected water drop photography
                thought Colin would give a better reply than I

With any shot I always just selectively sharpen the main focus of the image whether it be a water splash of a bird ,fox etc. I start off by sharpening the whole image on a duplicate layer and then using a layer mask paint out those areas i dont want sharpened and by varying the opacity of the brush and/or the layer itself I can vary the sharpening effect on those areas as well

Stan

flickr

Comment

Thanks Colin and Stan.
                  I've been sharpening the whole image using unsharp mask, will be more selective now.
                  Chris
                  Practice makes perfect

Canon EOS 7D,1100D, EF 400mm f5.6L USM, EF 24-105 1:4 L IS USM, 18-55 Kit lens,EF 50mm 1.8, EF 100mm f2 USM, Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD Macro 1:2

Comment

will be more selective now.
                    You will notice a subtle, but very worthwhile improvement in quality.
                    Colin

Comment

Working...
                    X