A couple more from yesterday - same settings

Stan

cup and balls by Neptuno.Photography, on Flickr

ball and hat by Neptuno.Photography, on Flickr
    Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
    flickr

Re: Balls plus

I like the 2 colors and the images are super.

Tom

Comment

The cream is working well Stan, I also like the dual, colour scheme

Comment

Number one's a cracker, reminds me of those games you had as a kid, where it shoots the ping pong ball in the air and you have to catch it.
        Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
        Di's Flickr

Comment

I like the second, it's more symmetrical.
          Colin

Comment

I love the creaminess of the splashes Stan, they look like they're moulded from plastic. The harsh lighting really works with this set-up too, and I think the catchlight adds to the image.

Out of interest, have you tried diffused flash? I've tried it a few times but can't decide whether I like it or not!
            Steve's kit - Canon 6D/EG-D/BG-E13/60D/EF-D/BG-E9/600 EX-RT/17-40L/24-105L/40/100L/70-200L/70-300/2x iii/Sigma 8-16/Yongnuo YN-568EX (x2)/YN560EX II/YN622C-TX/YN622C (x4)

Comment

Thanks for looking guys

The harsh lighting really works with this set-up too, and I think the catchlight adds to the image.

Out of interest, have you tried diffused flash? I've tried it a few times but can't decide whether I like it or not!
              the red and blue gels are not the normal gels, the blue is a piece of plastic file divider and the red an old coloured filter, so both give that harsh light which is just right against the black background. The normal gels are much more subtle anyway so to diffuse them would probably negate their effect almost completely. With the red and blue, the other week i did use a snoot with them and with that I dont think there was much difference in the effect

Stan
              Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
              flickr

Comment

Working...
              X