A drop in the ocena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A drop in the ocena

Okay, I've put the smart material away and I have a glass of red wine to settle my nerves, as one uncontrolled shake would have meant another night of condensation. I've worked out how to cultivate minute water droplets on the tips of tomato plant seedlings. As I've said before I currently have a lot of time on my hands.

This my old faithful 17-85 with a close-up+10 screw-on and plenty of polarisation on the screen, I'm finding it makes great backgrounds for small scale stuff.

WATER-06-04-13-1206.jpg

WATER-06-04-13-1208.jpg

WATER-06-04-13-1209.jpg

WATER-06-04-13-1210.jpg

I'm sorry that the action shots are fuzzy, I'll get a better 2nd camera when I can afford it.

IMG_0589.jpg
    Last edited by tombennett; 06-04-2013, 23:35. Reason: I don't know why the thread heading won't change.
    Am I qualified to comment on others!

Canon EOS-60D - EF 24-105mm f4
    L IS USM - Tamron Adaptall2 500mm f/8 with 2x converter - Meike Speedlight MK950 - LEE Filters: professional kit, ND Grad (hard) .3 .6 .9, Coral 4 hard grad & cir-pol 105 - CarrySpeed sling.

Tom Bennett Photography on Flickr

Re: A drop in the ocena

Very nice Tom

Tom

Comment

Good work Tom, have you thought of putting some more flowers / plants behind your seedling with the droplet and then using the droplet as a lens to focus in on the other plants?

Comment

I want to photograph them in the propagator surrounded by the other seedlings, but the box is too heavy for me at the moment. I might have a look at it again this evening, once I've grown some more droplets, I'll let you know later if I manage it. Thanks for the advice, these droplets are very small, about 1-2mm dia., not sure my lens will cope. However I like a challenge, apart from that of trying to live a basic life due to chronic pain, so watch this space. :)
        Last edited by tombennett; 07-04-2013, 09:04. Reason: various grammatical errors

L IS USM - Tamron Adaptall2 500mm f/8 with 2x converter - Meike Speedlight MK950 - LEE Filters: professional kit, ND Grad (hard) .3 .6 .9, Coral 4 hard grad & cir-pol 105 - CarrySpeed sling.

Comment

On reflection, although I agree with you, I like the juxtaposition of the stark and clinical against the beauty of nature, and is interesting in itself though I will play about with the theme. It takes a lot of setting as the droplets are incredibly fragile and evaporate in the dry air in the house, though as I mention I do like a challenge.

Comment

Working...
          X