Some cricket at last!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some cricket at last!

At last no rain, and the sundayXI take another heavy defeat on the chin.
    7D - F5.5 - 400mm - ISO 400

1 by Robin M Jones, on Flickr

2 by Robin M Jones, on Flickr

3 by Robin M Jones, on Flickr

4 by Robin M Jones, on Flickr

5 by Robin M Jones, on Flickr

Re: Some cricket at last!

A good set Robin and no rain.
    Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
    Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

lovely and sharp but what stands out to me the most is the way you have the ball in every shot - def not as easy at it sounds. Not too sure on the pink hat in the last shot. . . . that really isn't 'cricket'!

.DAVID.
      Take nothing but photo's - leave nothing but footprints!

http://www.davidstallardphotography.com

Comment

All good shots, crisp& clear with a nice diffused background, unless it's on a slope, the pitch looks crooked in #5 (slight CW rotation)

I find the 7D excels in situations like this.
        Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
        Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

All nice and crisp with good action,Can't help with the defeat but your images are all winners

Paul
          EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
          Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Originally posted by Les McLean View Post
            All good shots, crisp& clear with a nice diffused background, unless it's on a slope, the pitch looks crooked in #5 (slight CW rotation)

I find the 7D excels in situations like this.
            Thanks for the comments chaps. These were all snapped up by a cricket website. Les, you are right about the slope, which goes 2 ways on this ground, (down hill looking straight on and from left to right) but I usually straighten the stumps up in PP, just to cheat a little!
            The 7D is so easy to use and ideally suited for this. With the 40D I previously had, it really was hit and miss if I got the ball in the frame

Comment

Working...
            X