Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dressage event...to music (but you won't hear it :O)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dressage event...to music (but you won't hear it :O)

Hi all, I've not posted much since getting the 7D but I have been busy attending equine events. These shots which i took (but don't own the copyright as i was under contract at the time) are just a few from my days activities.....

C&C welcome...but my mentor Frances Kay was delighted with them...as was I as it's the first time i had photographed Dressage

My next big event is the Horse & Carriage show at Equifest, Peterborough next month!!

Thanks for looking

Martin.

Taken with the 7D, 55-250 IS, 1/1600 sec @F5 or F5.6, ISO320

Last edited by mxshooter; 25-07-2012, 17:51. Reason: can't spell...
    Martin

It is better to have and not need...than to need and not have!

EOS 7D, EF-S 15-85 IS USM, EF 50mm F1.8 ll, EF 70-200 F4 L IS, Nissin Di866 Speedlight, Yongnuo YN568EX Speedlight, 4 x Yongnuo 622C triggers, a Battery Grip and 4 spare batteries (for emergencies...)

Comment

Re: Dressage event...to music (but you won't hear it :O)

I like #1 & #2 although both images need a little straightening as it appears they are trotting slightly downhill left to right.
      #3 & #4 are spoilt by the pylon in the background.

As another 7D user (and no expert) why shoot in Adobe RGB instead of sRGB?
      sRGB is the world standard "colour space" and generally gives better results but there are exceptions.
      Quote: Source
      Adobe RGB is irrelevant for real photography. sRGB gives better (more consistent) results and the same, or brighter, colors.

Using Adobe RGB is one of the leading causes of colors not matching between monitor and print.

sRGB is the world's default color space. Use it and everything looks great everywhere, all the time.

Adobe RGB should never be used unless you really know what you're doing and do all your printing yourself.
      Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
      Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Re: Dressage event...to music (but you won't hear it :O)

Hi, and thanks for the comments.....

Stephen, you ask why i shoot in Adobe RGB? Errmm, it was what i was told to shoot in a few years ago and have done it ever since.....you are the first person to raise this question which now makes me wonder........

I do all my own printing, as does my friend Francis and she insists i use it when shooting for her......

Does it really make a huge difference?

Yes, the first two are slightly off, sorry...and i agree 3 & 4 are spoilt by the pylon but they will be removed if there are any sales for them (again, my friend handles the printing for her photo's, even though i took them). When I start to get my own equine shoots then of course the images would be tidied up...

Unfortunately the choice of backgrounds is out of my control, shooting in the middle of the countryside has it's drawbacks......

Martin
        Martin

It is better to have and not need...than to need and not have!

EOS 7D, EF-S 15-85 IS USM, EF 50mm F1.8 ll, EF 70-200 F4 L IS, Nissin Di866 Speedlight, Yongnuo YN568EX Speedlight, 4 x Yongnuo 622C triggers, a Battery Grip and 4 spare batteries (for emergencies...)

Comment

Working...
        X