Lanterns in Leicester.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lanterns in Leicester.

I took my camera into town yesterday to show a friend over a coffee catch-up,and was pleased to have it with me when I spotted these lanterns.I don't often use my 50mm f1.8 but it was just right for them.
    IMG_0021 by Roy Widdowson, on Flickr

Nice shot Roy, like the composition.

Bill.
    7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Thanks Bill,I think the 50mm was the ideal lens for it. I only had that with me though.

Comment

Well done Roy

Tom

Comment

Thanks Tom

Comment

I rather like the juxtaposition of East and West in the same shot and the red of the lanterns certainly adds some punch to the image. The "Nifty Fifty" has done well for you, plenty sharp and effective depth of field.
            Colin

Comment

Thanks Colin,I'm just happy I had the camera with me at the time.

And yes,the fifty did a good job,it seems my choice of using f16 worked well.

Comment

That’s a good shot Roy, like the composition. You never know when you need to have your camera to hand!
                Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

Nice photo

Chris

Comment

Thanks Ian,how very true about having the camera to hand,I managed to get the shots and also kill time before meeting up,so it all worked out well.

Thanks Chris.

Comment

Well captured Roy.
                      Derek

EOS R, RF 24-105mm L f4, EF 16-35mm L f4, EF 70-200mm f4 L IS II USM

Comment

Thanks Derek

Comment

Nice one Roy.
                          Good saturation on the lanterns.
                          Bob

EOS 6D mkII, EOS 6D, BG-E13 Grip, EOS 30 (Film), EOS M5, EF-M 22mm f2.0, EF-M 18-150mm, 35mm f2.0 IS, 50mm f1.8 STM, 17-40 f4 L, 24-105 f4 L IS, 70-200f4 L IS, 430EX II, 270EX II, Manfrotto 190XDB +496RC2 tripod, Op Tech straps & Think Tank bags.

Comment

Thanks Bob I lifted the colour a bit and also the shadows on the undersides of them.

Comment

I like that Roy - well spotted. As is often said, your best camera is the one you have with you!
                              John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Working...
                              X