Three images I think sums up..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Three images I think sums up..

I had to go into town yesterday to my bank,I took my new lens to try out while I was out and about.

I think these three sum up this strange new world we are now living in..

First a queue outside Cash Converters,who seemed to be controlling the queue
    IMG_0044 by Roy Widdowson, on Flickr
    Second is a queue outside a bank who were limiting the numbers allowed in at any one time
    IMG_0137 by Roy Widdowson, on Flickr

And third shows a scene that is usually extremely busy at any time of day.I deliberately left it uncropped to illustrate the space
    IMG_0054 by Roy Widdowson, on Flickr

My new 24-105 did a good job I think..

interesting documentary images Roy.
    Its sad if those people at cash converters are selling their wares because of the crisis.
    Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Just a thought .........

I recall Pawnbrokers from my childhood. My father explained what they were and that the symbolic hanging three brass balls were their sign. They were quiet, sombre places from the outside, deliberately not drawing attention to themselves, or their clientele.

And now we have Cashconverters .................... the biggest, brightest shop on the high street.
      Colin

Comment

Originally posted by @imagesBV View Post
        interesting documentary images Roy.
        Its sad if those people at cash converters are selling their wares because of the crisis.
        There's another similar store not far from this one,sadly both of them seem to do well at any time of the year.I suppose the current crisis has just made matters worse for the more vulnerable members of society.

Comment

Originally posted by colin C View Post
          Just a thought .........

I recall Pawnbrokers from my childhood. My father explained what they were and that the symbolic hanging three brass balls were their sign. They were quiet, sombre places from the outside, deliberately not drawing attention to themselves, or their clientele.

And now we have Cashconverters .................... the biggest, brightest shop on the high street.
          These type of shops always seem to be busy nowadays.I too remember the old type pawnbroker shops with the brass balls sign.I think there's still a modern one not far from this that has the sign hanging up.

Comment

Nicely documented story

Tom

Comment

Well documented
              Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
              Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Thanks Tom and Stephen.

Comment

Working...
                X