Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in .../vb5/route/profile.php on line 74 Remembrance - EOS magazine forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remembrance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remembrance

Contemplation at the Guard's Memorial, London

Guard's Memorial
    by AlexR!, on Flickr
    Canon EOS 7D
    EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
    Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
    flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

WE WILL REMEMBER THEM
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Nice mood caught
      Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

Comment

Originally posted by Trev B View Post
        WE WILL REMEMBER THEM
        Indeed we shall.
        John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Poignant capture.
          Rose

Comment

Very poignant indeed. We need to remember and be thankful for the sacrifice.
            Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Excellent shot Alex,you captured it well.That memorial has significance for me,my late Dad,Grandad and Great-Grandad all served in the Coldstream Guards.

My Grandad was one of the many who never came home from France in September 1914,having been on the reserve and then joining the then newly formed 3rd battalion in August of that year.His name is on three war memorials in Leicestershire,plus one CWGC memorial in France.He has no known resting place.

Comment

Thanks all, for sharing your thoughts and comments. I will admit, as someone who generally doesn't like people in my photos (much to my wife's frustration), just as I put the camera to my eye the chap walked into frame and I was was muttering "don't stop, don't stop, don't stop... oh darn". But I took a couple anyway and waited for him to go before getting the shots I wanted. But once on the computer I threw all of those away as just standard record shots; his positioning and clothing are perfect and he makes it. But having seen it on here I now wonder if I should have cropped the edges to make it portrait which would focus even more on the important bits.
                Canon EOS 7D
                EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
                Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
                flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Originally posted by AlexR! View Post
                  But having seen it on here I now wonder if I should have cropped the edges to make it portrait which would focus even more on the important bits.
                  I think cropping as suggested would result in 2 excellent shots. Uncropped it shows the magnificent memorial and a cropped portrait would bring the chap and the soldier statues closer in contemplation.

Echoing other comments - a time of reflection for those who fought and especially for those who did not return.
                  Bob

EOS 6D mkII, EOS 6D, BG-E13 Grip, EOS 30 (Film), EOS M5, EF-M 22mm f2.0, EF-M 18-150mm, 35mm f2.0 IS, 50mm f1.8 STM, 17-40 f4 L, 24-105 f4 L IS, 70-200f4 L IS, 430EX II, 270EX II, Manfrotto 190XDB +496RC2 tripod, Op Tech straps & Think Tank bags.

Comment

Well taken.
                    7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

The proudest day of my 29 years in the fire service was being on parade at the Cenotaph representing the South West in my final year of service.

Comment

No don’t crop this, Alex, the shot tells the story eloquently.
                        if you still want to fiddle just remove the white stand at extreme left
                        Canon EOS R5, R6 plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to

Comment

It seems that the white stand that Bo refers to is asking people not to climb on the memorial(from what I can see when enlarging the image in Flickr)

When I last visited the memorial in the 1990s,I had to ask some foreign tourist youths to get off it,pointing out that it's a memorial to those who lost their lives in WW1 and since.They apologised for doing so.

Incidentally,did you know that each figure was modelled on actual Guardsmen?
                          Last edited by Guest; 15-11-2021, 21:37.

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy M View Post
                            The proudest day of my 29 years in the fire service was being on parade at the Cenotaph representing the South West in my final year of service.
                            What year was that David, I was there in 1984
                            Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
                            https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Originally posted by Trev B View Post

What year was that David, I was there in 1984
                              Bit later than you Trev, 95.

Comment

Working...
                              X