Spacex and Artemis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spacex and Artemis

Recent trip to Florida, we went to Titusville to see the Falcon Heavy launch but very misty and visibility was down to a few hundred feet, heard the the launch and when the boosters came back the sonic boom was incredible.
    We then drove on to Merrit Island and down to Playalinda beach where we could see the Strong Back on the launch Pad retracted, on the way out we stopped at a lay-by and i got the shot of Artemis on the Launch pad, We stayed up till 2am to see the Launch from Heathrow north of Orlando and about 70 miles from Kennedy but cloud cover meant we could only see the glow in the sky
    On a visit to Lake Apopka to photo the wildlife i noticed a Spacex rocket had been launched and grabbed a quick shot as we were about 80 miles away lucky i had 45mp to make a very large crop

AHR51411.jpg by LISUSM, on Flickr

AHR51923.jpg by LISUSM, on Flickr

AHR51710.jpg by LISUSM, on Flickr

Lucky you Alan, nice set
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

How lucky to have such an opportunity, that must have been amazing. Great set.
      Rose

Comment

Good set Alan.
        7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Wow, must have been a wonderful spectacle to witness
          Regards,

Jeff

Eos 1D x and Eos 1D mk4, EF 24-105L F4, EF 70-200L F2.8 mk2, EF 100L F2.8 macro, 1.4 and 2.0 mk3 converters, Sigma Art 12-24 F4, Sigma Art 85 F1.4 .....Pixapro GI01 speedlite, Citi 600 battery strobes and Pika200 battery strobes.

Comment

Yes, lucky you as to 'feel' that as much as see it would truly have been a lifetime experience.

First image is great with a wonderful, atmospheric gloominess about it (I'd have cloned out the person but that's just my way).
            The second is an OK record of what it looked like
            The third is more about what it's a picture of that the quality of the shot so this scores highly.

A great set

Cheers,
            John

Comment

Thanks for looking and comenting

about the gloominess no skill on my part Lightroom dehaze gets the credit

Comment

Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Three very good photos Alan.
                  Railway Photography - Steam Train Photos

Comment

Working...
                  X