London to Brighton Veterans race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

London to Brighton Veterans race

Well, its not really a race. Fantastic day in the freezing cold in difficult conditions with the sun occasionally popping out. Shot some 300 frames and trying to improve my abysmal panning technique. Im just bobbing up a few random shots for now. Hope you like them. all 7D 80 or 100 sec on the 24-105

1 by Robin M Jones, on Flickr

2 by Robin M Jones, on Flickr

3 by Robin M Jones, on Flickr

4 by Robin M Jones, on Flickr

5 by Robin M Jones, on Flickr

Re: London to Brighton Veterans race

A good set Robin , with some subject interaction in the first three, four and five look as though they are concentrating on steering and keeping warm rather than giving you a wave. Nice bit of wheel blur in them all. I cant see how number fours steering is actually carried out.
    Peter

Feel free to browse my
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

A great set there Robin .The only thing I can see which may improve it slightly,would be to lose the lady in the lane in shot 3...

By the way how do they steer in shot 4 ...
      [ Canon 1DX ] [ 70-200 f2.8 L is II ] [ 300 f4 L is usm ] [ 50 mm f1.8 II ] [ 24-105 f4 L is ] [ Speedlite 430 ] [Yongnuo 568 ex II flash ] [ Yongnuo flash triggers ] [ Cokin P filters] [ Giottos Silk Road GYTL8384 carbon tripod ] [ Photoshop CS5 ] ... Wish list Canon EF 500 mm f/4 L IS USM.

Some nice gear, but not much idea ... https://www.flickr.com/photos/123175589@N03/

Comment

Originally posted by ST-EOS View Post
        A good set Robin , with some subject interaction in the first three, four and five look as though they are concentrating on steering and keeping warm rather than giving you a wave. Nice bit of wheel blur in them all. I cant see how number fours steering is actually carried out.
        Thanks Peter….I hadn't seen/noticed that! Maybe the passenger has ESP

Comment

Just zoomed in to over 400% ..and still can see any steering method !!!!
          [ Canon 1DX ] [ 70-200 f2.8 L is II ] [ 300 f4 L is usm ] [ 50 mm f1.8 II ] [ 24-105 f4 L is ] [ Speedlite 430 ] [Yongnuo 568 ex II flash ] [ Yongnuo flash triggers ] [ Cokin P filters] [ Giottos Silk Road GYTL8384 carbon tripod ] [ Photoshop CS5 ] ... Wish list Canon EF 500 mm f/4 L IS USM.

Some nice gear, but not much idea ... https://www.flickr.com/photos/123175589@N03/

Comment

Originally posted by wayne2418 View Post
            Just zoomed in to over 400% ..and still can see any steering method !!!!
            That made me laugh Wayne.
            Maybe it has the latest Apple app.!

Comment

Originally posted by hhcanon View Post
              Thanks Peter….I hadn't seen/noticed that! Maybe the passenger has ESP
              It could be that the driver is controlling the steering with his left hand using the things that all men are controlled by OOPS
              Peter

Feel free to browse my
              Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Some great shots IMHO.

Two and three my faves along with the last one. They look frozen.

Number four I think steers with his feet. Left and right pedals with the speed controlled by the left land.
                Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                Di's Flickr

Comment

Great set
                  In some models like this (as far as I know) Left hand controls Tiller Steering system, supposed to be really sharp and accurate whilst right hand is Throttle and Gears.

Doug
                  Cameras... 7D, 350D
                  Lens...Canon 17-40 f4, Sigma 70-200 f2.8, Tamron 28-300 f3.5, Canon 18-55 f3.5

Flash...600EX-RT

Montana 5 flickr
                  Montana 5 Car-tography

Comment

Excellent - you've done good! Nice wheel blur, good panning, nice and sharp.

It looks like 1 - 3 are going to Brighton, whilst 4 & 5 are going back to London!

As to the steering... when I looked at them in Regents Street on Saturday, I think a few had tiller steering, so that would be my guess!

Mike
                    flickr
                    5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

A great collection
                      ef-r

Comment

Excellent series, enjoyed all of them.
                        Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
                        Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

A good set there Robin and you have captured a sense of the speed, or crawl, in the wheels .

As to panning its more honing your negative panning technique as they go so slow

Stan
                          Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                          flickr

Comment

Nice images. Looks like its really cold as well for these intrepid drivers and passengers. Makes you appreciate the warmth and comfort of modern cars.
                            Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
                            https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Nice set Robin,very clean and sharp images.
                              EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
                              Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Working...
                              X