Flying Scotsman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flying Scotsman

Please can you give me your true opinion about this photograph that I changed to B&W.

I put it on some Facebook railway pages and I have had a few not so nice comments about it.

So, please let me know what you think, thanks.

60103 Flying Scotsman and Black 5 No44871 by Colin Wallace, on Flickr

60103 Flying Scotsman and Black 5 No:44871 are seen climbing Rattery Bank just outside of Totnes working the 1Z47 16.55 Taunton to Plymouth ‘The Cathedrals Express’ rail tour on the 4th October 2018.
    Railway Photography - Steam Train Photos

I don't like it, it seems dead. I would much prefer to see it in colour, the Stream / Smoke seems to be overpowering the picture. Would like to see the colour version.
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Composition looks fine, can't see anything wrong with the image and although it is generally accepted that mono suits steam railway shots I personally prefer colour.

Bill.
      7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Nothing wrong with it at all in my opinion, a fine shot. I stopped worrying years ago about what people thought of my pictures, apart from the ones paying me of course, and I made a very good living at it for years, I care even less now that I am retired. Ignore the trolls on FB. You could always post the colour version here for comparison and let members decide which they prefer but tend agree will Bill on this.

All the best, Ian W.

Comment

Thank you all for your honest opinions.
          Railway Photography - Steam Train Photos

Comment

Working...
          X