Thomas the Tank Engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thomas the Tank Engine

No.1 Thomas the Tank Engine is seen passing Dartington on the South Devon Railway working the 15.30 Buckfastleigh to Totnes Riverside on the 2nd July 2021.

A question for you..........

Does the photo look OK with the tree branch (right side) or does it ruin the photo?

Thomas the Tank Engine by Colin Wallace, on Flickr
    Railway Photography - Steam Train Photos

Lovely shot Colin, on a personal note I think I would have cloned it out, realise this would reduce the area the trains running into. I suppose the ideal thing would have been a view point a little further to the left - or would you have been in the River Dart
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

I think it is a distraction - better without the tree

Comment

Nice shot Colin but think the tree should go.
        7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

I think if the tree was dropped out you still have enough space in front of the engine. I was to busy looking at the perfect reflection to concentrate on the tree.

Comment

Thank you all for your replies about the tree branch in the photo.

Next time I am at that location I will have more of a walk around and try and find a better spot.
            Railway Photography - Steam Train Photos

Comment

Cracking shot of Thomas but the bit of tree is surplus to requirements...

(sans tree)
              Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Funnily enough, normally I'd have been the first to say that the tree had to go, although a shame it reduces the space in front. But in this specific example I can't help that think that because it's a toy train (in my head) you are an outside observer seeing into a magical world, and so I like it there as you are hiding and peering out. Of course, you experts seem to be saying its a real train so my logic doesn't hold.
                Canon EOS 7D
                EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
                Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
                flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Love how you captured the reflection, also how you used that tree to frame the shot that brings the viewer's eye to the subject.

Tom

Comment

Working...
                  X