Stobart Special.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stobart Special.

Everyday at exactly 1530 a train comes into Blair Atholl Station and is a container train from Inverness going to Glasgow. All the containers on it are from Tesco's Inverness area and to save lorries blocking the A9 they send all goods by container and are distributed from Inverness out. As the Highland line is single track it and a North bound passenger train meet at B.A.. Below is the sequence of events, Stobart train had 17 containers on today, some soft sided others rigid, plus a tanker, not sure what that contains only remember Hazchem for petrol was 3YE not 2?

It is still called the Stobart train as Stobart's used to run it, but I am not sure if they still do.
    4S7A6166 by David Miller, on Flickr
    Incoming passenger.

4S7A6170 by David Miller, on Flickr
    Passing

4S7A6174 by David Miller, on Flickr
    Always a class66.

4S7A6177 by David Miller, on Flickr
    A soft sided

4S7A6179 by David Miller, on Flickr
    Hard sided.

4S7A6181 by David Miller, on Flickr
    Tanker on the back.
    Last edited by Daisy M; 08-07-2021, 16:24.

Very informative set David, you've certainly answered one of life's questions for me --- I now know how Tesco get their Baked Beans from Inverness to Glasgow.
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Great set David, nice shot of the "66" too.
      7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

An interesting and informative set of pics and explanation, great to see; something totally different. Well done.

Ian
        Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

Itnteresting spin on how that large supermarket get there stock up to the highlands. Thanks for that David the information may cause some strife in here as the Bride counts Stobart trucks on our journeys to Scotland. I don't know how her five bar gate counting will cope with having to take account of trains as well as trucks
          Peter

Feel free to browse my
          Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

That's a great set and a really interesting story of which I knew nothing so thanks for posting it David

A quick Google found this < here > which suggests at least some of the traffic goes way further north than Inverness.

I'm always happy to see a bit of freight as it's something never seen on my branch

Cheers,
            John

Comment

Interesting set of shots and very different to the usual railway pics...

I like the tank container at the back, I can imagine the driver running back and forth with a jerrycan 'cos he's run out of diesel in the middle of nowhere...
              Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Daisy M
                The1972 refers to a liquid flammable gas probably methane or propane
                Alex

EOS R5 EOS 7D Mk ii Lenses EFS 18-55mm EFS 55-250mm EF 50mm 24-105mm Sigma EX 70-200 Sigma 150-600c

Comment

Nice set David

Tom

Comment

Great set of train photos.
                    Railway Photography - Steam Train Photos

Comment

Working...
                    X