The BIG Lift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The BIG Lift

I don't know which section to put this in so please move it to where you see fit.

I work as a bridge engineer and this is our main contract in Doncaster at the moment. The crane is a 1200T capacity crane lfting a pair of bridge beams 85 metres in length and weighing in at 285T. The lift required a possession of the East Coast main line (at great expense)

I'd be interested to know what you think

Andre

Re: The BIG Lift

I think it's spot on. What a wonderful picture!
    The way you got the lighting to me, is hugely impressive.
    Rutger
    Do feel free to comment on any of my contributions.
    EOS-500D. Flickr: _rutger_

Comment

As above - spot on - no blown highlites - I do love a bit of engineering

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - its appreciated.

The weather at the time was freezing and the biggest problem was condensation on the lens/filter as for the lights, I had no control over them at all and had to find positions that shielded me from them and didn't put me in a dangerous position. I have a few other shots you might like

Andre

Comment

Andre you have some great pictures of the big crane and are lucky with these beasts in as much as you can get a long exposure as everything they do is in slow motion. They are awsome machines

Comment

Looks like you had some fog/mist there. I'm going on how the light it cutting through.
            Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
            Di's Flickr

Comment

You're right there was a light mist or dampness around that made it quite uncomfortable when you had to wear all the H&S stuff.

Andre

Comment

Working...
              X