The Good Old Days- Morris Minor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Good Old Days- Morris Minor

I saw this beauty in Conwy yesterday,and added it to my collection- photographically of course.

(a)

(b)

(c)
    Last edited by Nathaniel; 08-05-2012, 12:52.
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Re: The Good Old Days- Morris Minor

A classic

Comment

Agree, a classic, well taken.

Our first car when the kids were little was a Morris 1000 Traveller, we covered many a mile in it.....happy days.
      Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
      Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

A real classic with the split windscreen

Comment

These photos take me back. A Moggy was my first car. I loved it, but it wasn't much of a babe magnet. Or maybe it was just me!
          Thanks for sharing

Ian
          EOS600D, 17-40mm L, 70-300mm IS, 50mm f1.8, 18-135mm STM, Powershot S95, 12 extension tube, Speedlight 380 EX.

Comment

Thanks for this ... I've a soft spot for Moggy 1000's. I noticed a few out and about over weekend, including a Police Panda, PO Telephones (Yellow) Van and MoD (I think?) Van.

Comment

A real classic, I had a split screen convertable that I paid £8 for back in the eary 60's be worth a fortune now. (I used to love the exhaust note on the engine overrun.)

Ray

Comment

A nice classic Nathaniel

My first car was the Austin equivalent - the A35

Stan
                Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                flickr

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys. Much appreciated. It would have been nice to see it drive off, with perhaps some "blue smoke" emenating from the exhaust but this was not to happen!!!
                  Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

Comment

Oh dear , mine was an A30 - slightly earlier model! Good in a straight line, but did not corner very well.!
                    Originally posted by Stan View Post
                    A nice classic Nathaniel

My first car was the Austin equivalent - the A35

Stan

Comment

Now that is what you call a well loved classic, really nicely taken.

Back when you could get into the engine bay with the engine to fix it - can't even get your hands in with it now days.

.DAVID.
                      Take nothing but photo's - leave nothing but footprints!

http://www.davidstallardphotography.com

Comment

I have often wondered how the driver managed with the split windscreen i.e with the line in the middle. Yes, I agree that in the good old days one could put your hands into the engine and sort out problems like changing the oil filter,change the enginge oil etc. But now you will only do so at your "peril" and possible great expense. Thats what I call as progress.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel View Post
                          I have often wondered how the driver managed with the split windscreen i.e with the line in the middle. Yes, I agree that in the good old days one could put your hands into the engine and sort out problems like changing the oil filter,change the enginge oil etc. But now you will only do so at your "peril" and possible great expense. Thats what I call as progress.
                          I haven't seen a split screen Minor for years! My Dad had a black one just like this in the late '50s when we lived in Aberdeen. The Reg No was JRS 338. I wonder if it is still around?

Comment

1st time I've seen one of these.

Comment

A lovely car...lots of clasics around my way, including a Moggy van used for flower deliveries, and a couple of Triumph TR4's......I love to see them being used instead of just being stored and bought out a few times a year!!
                              Martin

It is better to have and not need...than to need and not have!

EOS 7D, EF-S 15-85 IS USM, EF 50mm F1.8 ll, EF 70-200 F4 L IS, Nissin Di866 Speedlight, Yongnuo YN568EX Speedlight, 4 x Yongnuo 622C triggers, a Battery Grip and 4 spare batteries (for emergencies...)

Comment

Working...
                              X