Old Hay Tedder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old Hay Tedder

Came across this in my aimless wanderings yesterday. An old hay tedder made by W N Nicholson & Sons Ltd of Newark. I would love this one, what a marvellous winter project restoring it, more than likely got enough scrap metal at my place to do it, what I couldn't do our local Blacky would. I can just see it all painted up - dark green with lettering highlighted in red. Wonderful feature for the garden - the thought of which horrifies Mrs B.

1332 Old Hay Tedder 1332250921 by Trev Bartlett MBE, on Flickr
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Nice Trev, think it looks better this way than restored - now all you need do is drag it into the bush's for a real abandoned look...
    Regards
    Lez

5Ds // 5D Mark III //
    7D Mark II // 16-35 f4L // 24-70 f2.8L II //
    24-105 f4L II // 70-200 f4 L // 70-200 f2.8 Lis II // 50 f1.2L // 85 f1.8 //100 f2.8Lis // 200 f2.8L // 300 f4Lis // 1.4ex // .......... and a longer wish list

Comment

Originally posted by Iron Man View Post
      Nice Trev, think it looks better this way than restored - now all you need do is drag it into the bush's for a real abandoned look...
      Thanks -- just turned out the welding gear!!!!!!
      Trev

Flickr:

Comment

Great image of a piece of history. Would look good in anybody's garden!

Nicholsons were established in 1825 as Agricultural Engineers and Boiler Makers. One of Newark's major employers sending products all over the world - they even had their own railways sidings.

End of Nottinghamshire Industrial Archeology lesson!
        Bob

EOS 6D mkII, EOS 6D, BG-E13 Grip, EOS 30 (Film), EOS M5, EF-M 22mm f2.0, EF-M 18-150mm, 35mm f2.0 IS, 50mm f1.8 STM, 17-40 f4 L, 24-105 f4 L IS, 70-200f4 L IS, 430EX II, 270EX II, Manfrotto 190XDB +496RC2 tripod, Op Tech straps & Think Tank bags.

Comment

Thanks Bob. I did read a bit up about N W Nicholson & Sons, they were quite a company in their day.
          Trev

Flickr:

Comment

I'd like one of those, I don't need one and don't have room for it, but I'd still like one..................................and a Shire to pull it along.
            Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

Comment

I can fully understand your need to own this, surely Mrs B would love you to be doing something that would keep you busy instead of being under her feet all day. That would be my selling point and once completed you could always send it to me.

Comment

When you've got it fettled, I'll have to pop down and see you with my little grey Fergie and give it some exercise!
                John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Nice photo Trev, it looks great and really old.
                  Railway Photography - Steam Train Photos

Comment

Thank you Tiger, David, John, Colin

Originally posted by Daisy M View Post
                    I can fully understand your need to own this, surely Mrs B would love you to be doing something that would keep you busy instead of being under her feet all day. That would be my selling point and once completed you could always send it to me.
                    David that would not be a good idea. She's never forgotten the time I needed some angle iron. Someone told me a local boarding school were having a re-vamp. They were throwing out all the old beds which were the metal framed type (angle Iron) I said that I could do with one. I was away on a filming project for a few days, when I arrived home there were fifteen beds in the yard - it was not good news
                    Trev

Flickr:

Comment

No sense of waste not , want not for some spouse’s.

Comment

Working...
                      X