PS Waverley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS Waverley

PS Waverley is the last seagoing passenger carrying paddle steamer in the world. Built in 1946, she sailed from Craigendoran on the Firth of Clyde to Arrochar on Loch Long until 1973. Wikipedia

waverley by Alex 60d, on Flickr

Canon EOS 60D
    Exposure 1/500
    Aperture f/5.6
    Focal Length 250 mm
    ISO Speed 100

Not as good as I had hoped as the ship was a long way off and I only had my 55-250 lens with me at the time and it was a grey damp day

Waverley adj by Alex 60d, on Flickr

Is that any better as I am pretty rubbish at pp
    Last edited by 2Beers; 08-09-2012, 18:26.
    Alex

EOS R5 EOS 7D Mk ii Lenses EFS 18-55mm EFS 55-250mm EF 50mm 24-105mm Sigma EX 70-200 Sigma 150-600c

Re: PS Waverley

Nice old lady. Do you know what the building is ... enquiring mind and all that

55-250 Mark I or II ?

Comment

Originally posted by MX5 View Post
      Nice old lady. Do you know what the building is ... enquiring mind and all that

55-250 Mark I or II ?
      Dont know what the building is the island is Holy island just off the Isle of Arran

The lens is an EFS 55-250 IS around 9 months old so dont know as it was bought with the camera along with the kit lens
      Alex

EOS R5 EOS 7D Mk ii Lenses EFS 18-55mm EFS 55-250mm EF 50mm 24-105mm Sigma EX 70-200 Sigma 150-600c

Comment

PS Waverley

I think that the photo could us some additional contrast and saturation to help it pop a little.

Tom

Comment

This image desperately needs a crop, that patch of sky top left keeps pulling my eyes away, I'd be tempted to crop from the top about a third of the way down. Then it would work.
          Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
          Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

Yes its a bit flat and really there is too much "background" - With a bit more pp and a crop midway on the horizontal and 1/3 off from the right vertical would be better

Stan
            Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
            flickr

Comment

thanks for your coments guys

Have tried using my limited ability at post processing to implement your suggestions.

What do you think
              Alex

Comment

Very nice Alex, just wish I could of seen this too.
                Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
                Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Working...
                X