Clear All

Punting in Oxford

Seen in Oxford today:

Punting in Oxford by RCARCARCA, on Flickr

Thanks for looking

Richard
    Richard Anderson Photography at www.raphoto.me

Re: Punting in Oxford

Nice pattern, will done for giving a different take on the subject.
    Andy

Comment

Nicely done Richard

Tom

Comment

excellent work Richard
        :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

I saw this last night on my ipad and was in two minds. Now looking at it large I like it. The oars add that extra something
          Alan.

7D2, 24-105 L / 70-200 F2.8 ii L / 50 F1.8 prime / Sigma 10-20 F4-F5.6

Website www.alanreeve.co.uk

Please take a look https://www.flickr.com/photos/82149274@N07/sets & https://www.facebook.com/reevephotography

Comment

Thank you Andy, Tom, Ian and Alan!

Richard

Comment

Great spot, Richard, I like that very much. And without the oars it would be just too abstract, but they perfectly add a subtle bit of context.
              Canon EOS 7D
              EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
              Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
              flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Originally posted by AlexR! View Post
                Great spot, Richard, I like that very much. And without the oars it would be just too abstract, but they perfectly add a subtle bit of context.
                Thanks Alex. Alan mentioned the oars as well. If truth be told, I was just lucky - they were in the punts, but I was a bit surprised, because I thought you moved a punt using a pole - I thought that was the whole point. But who am I to know? I went to the LSE where nobody did anything so bourgeois as punt - in fact I thought it was the name of the old Irish currency before the Euro!

Best

Richard

Comment

Originally posted by rcarca View Post
                  Thanks Alex. Alan mentioned the oars as well. If truth be told, I was just lucky - they were in the punts, but I was a bit surprised, because I thought you moved a punt using a pole - I thought that was the whole point. But who am I to know? I went to the LSE where nobody did anything so bourgeois as punt - in fact I thought it was the name of the old Irish currency before the Euro!
                  Richard, you are right, and that hadn't struck me - so in fact the oars do add a context, but the wrong one!
                  I wonder if these punts are for general hire, and so the inexperienced punter needs a means of getting back to the punting pole when it is lodged in the river bed and the punt is floating off downriver...
                  Canon EOS 7D
                  EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
                  Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
                  flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Originally posted by AlexR! View Post
                    Richard, you are right, and that hadn't struck me - so in fact the oars do add a context, but the wrong one!
                    I wonder if these punts are for general hire, and so the inexperienced punter needs a means of getting back to the punting pole when it is lodged in the river bed and the punt is floating off downriver...
                    Lol! Yes, wrong context to discombobulate and especially designed for the newbie!!!

Comment

Nicely seen Richard; were you there for the May Day celebrations? Think you are right about the oars being a safety measure!
                      Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by Birdy View Post
                        Nicely seen Richard; were you there for the May Day celebrations? Think you are right about the oars being a safety measure!
                        No. We just went there because I am showing Evi loads of new places since she is still new to England!

Best

Richard

Comment

Nice one Richard
                          Chris

60D, EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM,
                          EF 50mm f/1.8 II, Sigma 10-20mm f3.5 EX DC

Comment

Working...
                          X