blatous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

blatous

all wood panelling and brass - based on old style railway carriage (upper class of course) and ship.

Re: blatous

The focus seems to be on the roof tiles, leaving the main subject slightly OOF. Also with the black boat and white walls, have left the highlights blown out. A tighter crop, or square crop would be better IMO.

Tom

Comment

Agree with Tom - your subject is the boat, so that's what should be sharp

As you have a basic camera (1100D) your options for focus points are a bit limited but you still have a certain choice and crop for the composition later

Stan
      Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
      flickr

Comment

agree with the comments.

i didn't intentionally focus on the roof so i don't know what happened there.
        if i crop near the top of the left bush i lose the blown out buildings, but the boat is still out of focus.

maybe i should re-title this image 'the roof'.

Comment

Its a difficult balance trying to expose for the boat and buildings as there is such a wide difference. As Stan suggests concentrate on what is your main subject and sort the rest later! You missed the focus point on this one but we all, well I have anyway, got lots of those in 'bin'. Thoughts for next time though...
          Andrew

Comment

I'm with the guys John - I'd chalk that one up as a miss
            :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Working...
            X