• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marella Explorer before dawn

Yet another Torbay cruise ship:

5D3_3602 by John Leah, on Flickr

Cheers,
    John

Great shot, but such a shame, must be horrid seeing them all moored up.

Comment

What a lovely shot John, Excellent. How many are there now in the Bay, I've not been down to our local Sea Front for a while where we can see them.
      Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Thanks guys

I've got mixed feelings about them as, being currently out of work, they're a sad reminder of the times we're in yet, on the other hand, they are nice to look at and spectacularly lit at night (one, Eurodam, has even arranged cabin lights to spell 'Torbay**').

Currently we have three actually in the bay: Tui's Marella Explorer and HAL's Eurodam and Oosterdam with five more outside Torbay around the point in Babbacombe Bay so out of sight to me.

They all go on a wander every few days to either Portland or Southampton to resupply.

There's a Facebook group for the watchers and it has 14.5k members which makes for a lot of duplicated (and pretty rubbish) photographs so I only post the occasional 'arty' shot like this

Cheers,
        John

Comment

Well taken John.
          7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Beautiful photo, well done.

Yesterday (Thurs 15th April) I went to Goodrington to photo a steam train and only saw 2 ships there.
            Railway Photography - Steam Train Photos

Comment

Thanks Bill and Colin.

Yes, only two at present as Eurodam went out into mid channel but is heading back now. They do this to dump grey water outside the twelve-mile limit and take on 'fresh' seawater for desalination. 'Black' water I think (I hope!) is pumped out when alongside.

Cheers,
              John

Comment

Working...
              X