turtles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

turtles

barbados - clearest and warmest water i've ever snorkelled in.
    taken with a powershot s50 in one of those plastic enclosure things.

where we stayed, there were two turtles that circled the beach area all day waiting for the fishermen to return. well that's what they told us.

the large one swam underneath me as i was fiddling with the camera.

the smaller one i tried keeping up with while trying to take its picture. not surprisingly i didnt get many shots. i had to fiddle with this picture to get it a bit clearer.

we also went on a boat to feed the turtles. unfortunately another boat packed with loud tourists arrived shortly after. the turtles didn't hang around long after they arrived.

i think i need to go back there

Re: turtles

found another shot of the small turtle

we also had a couple of occasions when the sea turned dark with the amount of fish. it was quite surreal swimming through them.

my snorkelling buddy spotted the flatfish

Comment

Very nice to see underwater pictures so well done, I don't know but I think these are just the images that the new Dehaze adjustment in Lightroom CC will improve

Alan

Comment

Cracking shots

Comment

thanks for the comments. i've just ordered photoshop elements so i'll have to save my pennies up to get lightroom.

Comment

Originally posted by jpgrf View Post
            thanks for the comments. i've just ordered photoshop elements so i'll have to save my pennies up to get lightroom.
            The dehaze option is only in the subscription version at the moment

Alan

Comment

Must be quite a challenge to shoot underwater so well done.
              By the way only images shot with Canon EOS cameras are allowed in the general forums. For any subject shoot with a canon compact there is a seperate forum - Canon Compact Digital Cameras

Stan
              Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
              flickr

Comment

Nice set of shots.
                https://www.flickr.com/photos/47382834@N07/

Chris

Comment

stan: thanks for pointing out the separate section for Canon Compact Digital Cameras.
                  i just assumed as the sub heading for this section is "Photographs and techniques using EOS and other Canon cameras underwater." it would be ok to post these here.

Comment

i just assumed as the sub heading for this section is "Photographs and techniques using EOS and other Canon cameras underwater." it would be ok to post these here
                    oops...apologies, I hadn't noticed that but of course it makes sense that most underwater shots will be with a waterproof compact or similar rather than a DSLR

Stan
                    Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                    flickr

Comment

i think a waterproof case for a dslr would count as a suitcase

Comment

Excellent work - I know what you mean about trying to keep up with the turtles - they hardly seem to flap a fin but make far more speed than a thrashing human can. The other problem in following them is that they will lead you out to open water - before you know it you find yourself well away from the shore and possibly out of your comfort zone.
                        John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

thanks. i was never near enough to the large or small turtle to think about following them

Comment

Working...
                          X