X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• antoeknee
    replied
    Re: 5Dmk IV GPS

Don't know how good the GPS unit is in the camera but being inside a building could mean no lock will be achieved.

But I'm guessing that's something you are aware of.

Leave a comment:

• Tigger
    replied

according to manual its supposed to flash when trying to connect, then solid when connected - the problem I've got even at connection of 1 second its not trying to connect grrrrrr feeling VERY £$%^& (**

Leave a comment:

• Parsen66
    replied

If it helps at all, when I turn on the GPS on my 7D2 the symbol flashes constantly on the top display screen. When I add shots to Flickr the GPS data is automatically loaded in. Never looked inside LR but will later if I get time

Leave a comment:

• Tigger
    replied

it would appear I may have a problem - the camera isnt locking onto the GPS signal

to those that have the 5DmkIV - I've changed the settings to every second in mode 2 so I would expect to see the GPS flashing or on at the top all the time, correct? I'm not seeing this and sometimes its flashing but never stops flashing, if any users can offer some feedback before I contact the store and arrange to get it sent back

Leave a comment:

• ST-EOS
    replied

According to some Internet comments it seems that the GPS data is visible when using the info button on the camera whilst viewing the image on the camera screen

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Tigger
    replied

I'm starting to wonder if the camera isn't registering the data - I've changed it to once a second and tested another shot but nothing..

Anyone with a Mk IV can you see the GPS data within the camera itself ? When putting the card into the reader where about on the card is the GPS data stored ?

I've also just updated LR as there was an update due

thanks Peter

Leave a comment:

• ST-EOS
    replied

Not sure if this video has the answer Ian, but I thought it may help

*The product featured in this video is Lightroom Classic CC, previously known as Lightroom CC. For more information, please visit: https://adobe.ly/2gNcw59.L...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Tigger
    replied

nope nothing, but as this is a LR problem I wouldn't expect it

I've even joined a LR FB group and thats had no response ...

Leave a comment:

• John Liddle
    replied

Originally posted by Tigger View Post
    still hunting online for the answer to this - odd
    Grandma & eggs and all that but... I assume there is no help in the manual?

Leave a comment:

• Tigger
    replied

still hunting online for the answer to this - odd

Leave a comment:

• Tigger
    replied

Originally posted by Enigma View Post
    Haven't tried yet myself but I'm sure I read somewhere that it needed 2-3 steps to get it into LR rather than being automatic. What are your early impressions?
    OK I'll dig around - Ive not really got any impressions so far as I've only just gone through setting it all up - But I did take a shot at 32k iso that looked pretty impressive ... Next week will start its real testing

Leave a comment:

• Enigma
    replied

Haven't tried yet myself but I'm sure I read somewhere that it needed 2-3 steps to get it into LR rather than being automatic. What are your early impressions?

Leave a comment:

• Tigger
    replied

Originally posted by Enigma View Post
    5D IV has options to help reduce the battery drain using GPS. I have mine set to mode 2 with interval 1 minute.
    yes have the same set up - and reading about the GPS it would seem most say it doesn't have a massive impact on the battery - just need to find out how to get it pulled into LR now

Leave a comment:

• Enigma
    replied

Originally posted by antoeknee View Post
    GPS turned off on my 7D2 as battery drain a bit excessive when turned on.
    5D IV has options to help reduce the battery drain using GPS. I have mine set to mode 2 with interval 1 minute.

Leave a comment:

• antoeknee
    replied

Quick thought might be a question of shooting Jpeg or RAW. I know the Panasonic compact we have with GPS works fine in LR.

GPS turned off on my 7D2 as battery drain a bit excessive when turned on.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X