Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SpringfieldPhoto
    replied
    It works perfectly on an R6 with the Canon mount adapter.

Leave a comment:

• TonyT
    replied
    Can you not simply rotate the tripod mount so it is on top of the lens and out of the way, thats what I do on my Canon rather than bother taking it off.

Leave a comment:

• SpringfieldPhoto
    replied
    Re: Sigma 70 - 200mm F 2.8 OS HSM Sport

Update
    I have now used the Sigma Dock to customise the lens. Great feature.

Leave a comment:

• SpringfieldPhoto
    started a topic Sigma 70 - 200mm F 2.8 OS HSM Sport

Sigma 70 - 200mm F 2.8 OS HSM Sport

I finally decided to retire my old Sigma 70 - 200 after 16 years service. The lack of image stabilisation and age of the lens finally convinced me to buy a new lens. I looked at the Canon, Tamron and Sigma. The Canon was a bit too expensive for me as this will not be one of my most used optics. The Tamron and the Sigma are both good performers but the Sigma seems to have the edge and it also appeared to be better built.
    Well I gave it a baptism of fire by taking it to the British Bird of Prey Center at the National Botanic Gardens of Wales. I used it on my Canon 5D MkIV to shoot various birds of prey during the flying displays. The birds varied in size from 150 gram Hobby and Little Owl to the 5.5 kilo White Tailed Eagle (Fish Eagle). The lens performed superbly and failed shots were entirely down to the photographer.
    The lens produces very sharp images and the with very little evidence of aberrations. My only criticism is the inability to easily remove the tripod mount. Aside from this the handling is great with a large zoom ring and focus override which came in useful on occasions. At a pound under £1,200 I have to say it is a bargain given the quality, both optically and mechanically. The lens is 'showerproof' according to Sigma and as usual comes with a decent lens hood and a case. I shall post some images on the appropriate forum of this site when I can decide which of 950 images that I didn't screw up are the best.
Working...
X