Photoshop Elements 9 v CS5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photoshop Elements 9 v CS5

Can anyone tell me if/where I can find a detailed comparative list of what is in each applicaion, please? Perhaps it's me but I find the Adobe site difficult to navigate. My daugter is a student and could get me CS5 at student rates, but if Elements does what I want, then there appears to be no point in shelling out the extra.
    Sometimes I drink water. I like to give my liver an occasional surprise!

Re: Photoshop Elements 9 v CS5

As a non professional, I find that PSE9 does everything I need and more... Other than for professionals and advanced hobbyists who need all the bells and whistles and can justify the cost or for those for whom cost is not a question, I would say go with PSE9...
    EOS 1DX, EOS 5D mkiii, EOS 7D, EF 17-40mm f4 L USM, EF 24-70mm f2.8 L II USM, EF 70-200mm f2.8 L II IS USM, EF 50mm f1.2 L, EF-S 60mm f2.8 Macro USM, Speedlite 580EX

Comment

Originally posted by Ian_rw View Post
      As a non professional, I find that PSE9 does everything I need and more... ..... I would say go with PSE9...
      Have to say I agree. I bought PSE9 a couple of weeks ago and it does all I want and then some.
      David

EOS 1000D EFS18-55mm, EF 75-300mm, Kenko DG Extension Tubes

Please bare with me on replies to your comments as my work commitments keep me away from here during the week.
      All of your comments and advice are gratefully received and appreciated though

Comment

Alan,
        For the cost of CS5 using the education discount you have to give it serious consideration. If your daughter is at secondary school I would check with the ICT teacher and see what software she will use at school or if she has left school and doing other studies see what Adobe software she may use while completing her studies.
        The discount offered by Adobe is very very attractive and makes CS5 not that much more than PSE 9 from a retail outlet.
        I think you may find that the CS5 education offering is for CS5 Extended version.

David
        David

Comment

I believe CS5 is about £190 and CS5 Extended is about £220. Elements is about £65.
          ef-r

Comment

Brian - that's the upgrade prices you quoted for CS5!

Photoshop CS5 is actually £607 on Amazon and the extended version is £889!!!

There is a student version (if you have a kid at school) that you can purchase for the much lower price of £173 for the extended version.
            5DIII, 5DII with Grips| 24-70 f2.8L MkII | 24-105 f4L IS | 70-200 f2.8L IS MkII | 50 f/1.4 | 85 f1.8 | 100 f2.8 | 1.4x MkII | Tamron 17-35 f2.8-4 | 580EX II | 600EX RT | Stofen Diffuser | Manfroto 190 CF Tripod w/490RC2 | Epson R3000 | Lexmark CS 510 DE | Nova 5 AW | Mini Trekker AW | Lowepro x300AW | Lastolite Gear (inc HiLite 6x7) | Elinchrom Studio Gear & Quadras

Comment

Jim - I was talking prices with the educational discount that you can get through the ATL
              ef-r

Comment

Sorry Brian my mistake (I missed that bit) :D
                5DIII, 5DII with Grips| 24-70 f2.8L MkII | 24-105 f4L IS | 70-200 f2.8L IS MkII | 50 f/1.4 | 85 f1.8 | 100 f2.8 | 1.4x MkII | Tamron 17-35 f2.8-4 | 580EX II | 600EX RT | Stofen Diffuser | Manfroto 190 CF Tripod w/490RC2 | Epson R3000 | Lexmark CS 510 DE | Nova 5 AW | Mini Trekker AW | Lowepro x300AW | Lastolite Gear (inc HiLite 6x7) | Elinchrom Studio Gear & Quadras

Comment

Ta all
                  Sometimes I drink water. I like to give my liver an occasional surprise!

Comment

Working...
                  X