Windows 7 64bit - Thumbnail viewing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows 7 64bit - Thumbnail viewing

Not sure if this has been posted on here before, but I would like to recommend http://www.fastpictureviewer.com/codecs/ if you are running Windows 7 64 bit....

Having just changed my notebook for a Windows 7 64 bit version, I was disappointed to find that Canon have no plans to support the 64 bit operating system... So, when you click on the "pictures" folder you do not see any thumbnails.... This cheap piece of software sorts that out.... and gives you more...

I know there are ways around this, using Photoshop, or DPP but the 64 bit system has been around a while now, so it is bad that Canon are not planning support..... after all there are more and more 64 bit PC's around now...

This is the reply I recived from Canon

"Please be advised that a Canon RAW coded for the Canon EOS7D under Windows 7 (64bit) is not available at the current time, and unfortunately it is not known whether such as codec will be released in the future.

To view RAW images we recommend using Digital Photo Professional . For details of the latest version, please visit:

We would advise that whilst every effort is made to anticipate future directions of operating system design, it is unfortunately not possible to guarantee compatibility of hardware and associated software drivers with unreleased future operating systems.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused
    ."

Stuart
    Stuart Tunstall
    York - UK

- Canon EOS 7D - Tamron 18 - 270mm f3.5 - 6.3 Di II VC - Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM - Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM - Canon Speedlight 580EX II - Canon Timer Remote Control TC 80N3 - Giottos GTMTL9361B with MH5001 Head - Lowpro 300AW Backpack - Photoshop CC - Lightroom CC - Aurora HDR 2018 - Photolemur 3 - Plus a few other bits -

Re: Windows 7 64bit - Thumbnail viewing

There are many who can't understand why Canon seems reluctant to issue a 64-bit Codec. It's not hard to develop so leaves folk wondering why.

Comment

You can download a 64bit codec now from Microsoft which works well with files from my 1D4 .. Works well
      Canon 1DX Canon EOS 1D Mark 1V Canon EOS 7D Mk 11 EOS 5D Canon EF800mm f5.6 IS Canon EF500mm f4 Mark 11 Canon EF400mm f4 IS DO EF300 f2.8 IS Canon EF 200mm f2 IS Canon EF100-400 f4.5-5.6 IS Canon EF100mm IS F2.8 Canon EF24-70 F2.8 Canon EF16-35 f4 Mk11 Canon EF15mm Fisheye Canon 1.4 tele converter 111 Sigma 50mm 1.4 Art

Comment

Originally posted by daniel-obyrne View Post
        You can download a 64bit codec now from Microsoft which works well with files from my 1D4 .. Works well
        I have the microsoft codecs too - work fine
        ef-r

Comment

Working...
        X