Image.Canon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Image.Canon

Anyone has yet tried the new image.canon app yet? If not, I have just setup my EOS R and the EOS M6 MKII to use this new service. The service allows you to connect to Canon’s Cloud then upload images from your camera. Canon will then store the images on their cloud for 30 days. I’m using Google Drive and from Canon’s web server, it auto transfer the images to my google drive. Then from the drive the files are then downloaded to my drive on my computer. Now I’ve been streaming World Tai Chi Day seminar today, I then selected 39 images from the M6 and started the transfer. The average transfer was 4 1/2 min per image. The images were full RAW images. Once the image was on Canon’s server it was nearly instantaneous the image then appeared on my computer.

What are your thought’s, experience using this service?

Tom

I'm probably missing something, but what advantage does that convoluted system give over taking the card out of your camera and using a card-reader to transfer the files to your computer?
    John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

John, it is not really convoluted. Once you set up your camera, using the Image.Canon App, it's done. The only thing you then need to do, is select the images you want to send to your computer and they will be there. Currently the wifi radios are 2.4 ghz and makes the transfer to the cloud slow, so if you have a ton of images, then it might be better to upload them when you home. However if you took 10 or less images, you can send them to your computer and then they will be there when you sit down at the computer. On the new R5 the wifi radio is suppose to be 5 GHZ, so the transfer would be faster.

Tom

Comment

There are a few cameras that you cant upload CR2 files as the cameras dont currently support sending raw files over the web. found this out after spending an afternoon trying to send from my 5dMk4
        Alex

EOS R5 EOS 7D Mk ii Lenses EFS 18-55mm EFS 55-250mm EF 50mm 24-105mm Sigma EX 70-200 Sigma 150-600c

Comment

Originally posted by 2Beers View Post
          There are a few cameras that you cant upload CR2 files as the cameras dont currently support sending raw files over the web. found this out after spending an afternoon trying to send from my 5dMk4
          That seems odd - the Wifi manual for the 5D IV (page 117) states that you can select to transfer jpeg only, jpeg + RAW or RAW only - so this does not work then?
          John Liddle

Comment

Not that I can see as the camera shows as connected but when I tried to transfer images from the camera I got nothing transferred. So I searched the frequently asked questions and found this

Alex

EOS R5 EOS 7D Mk ii Lenses EFS 18-55mm EFS 55-250mm EF 50mm 24-105mm Sigma EX 70-200 Sigma 150-600c

Comment

Thanks for the link Alex - there seems to be a bit of left and right hand confusion at Canon then!
              John Liddle

Comment

Am I missing something but image.canon seems to be a backward step from the Image Gateway it has replaced, in fact I would say it's rubbish. With Gateway you could easily upload images using whatever WiFi connection was available, now you can't, you're forced to use your phone. On the iPad app the images only occupy 70% of the screen. On the iPad and on the PC you can't see Albums, on the Android app you can see Albums. With Gateway I had 5 regional accounts, they're now gone along with all the images. Absolute disgraceful replacement for Gateway, junk!

Comment

Working...
                X