Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• colin C
    replied
    I shoot in RAW only, process in DPP and save in JPEG.

Current year RAW and JPEG's are saved on the computer SSD and separately to different external drives - one for Raw and one for JPEG's. Previous years work are also saved to external drives. I am quite ruthless with the delete button, getting rid of anything not technically good, soft, duplicates and generally stuff I don't like. I only keep stuff worth saving, because however cheap storage is, wading through Tat to get to the good stuff is just too much of a pain.

I also keep a file on my computer of favourites/ best work/ published work, as an easy to find reference. This file is not as large as I would like.

Leave a comment:

• SpringfieldPhoto
    replied
    I shoot RAW Save the raw files and PSD of edits + Jpegs for websites. Disc is cheap so I just add more disc. Currently 18 TB

Leave a comment:

• antoeknee
    replied
    Same as Bill, shoot RAW and save JPEG for Flickr etc.

Have a Loupedeck so easy to run through images, mark as rejected or rate as keeper. Then easy to delete all the rejected in one go.

Leave a comment:

• @imagesBV
    replied
    Thanks Bill.

Leave a comment:

• Bill53
    replied
    I shoot in RAW and save as JPEG after editing in LR/PS.

Leave a comment:

• @imagesBV
    replied
    Thanks Trev.....( I detest the time at the computer....I do enough of that for my work)....catching up with some work report writing now as it happens....just got slightly distracted

Leave a comment:

• Trev B
    replied
    I do the same RAW and LPEG in camera, download both to computer then ruthlessly delete. Filing the RAW shots and using the JPEG's for my photo diary. Should mention I do not take hundreds of shots, usually six at the most of a subject, Could not be bothered to have to sit at the computer and go through several hundred shots then muck around with them in photoshop or whatever, perhaps a crop but that's it.
    I can never get my head around the idea of taking hundreds of shots of a subject.

Leave a comment:

• @imagesBV
    replied
    Thanks Ian.....I think I will do similar - keep a CR3 file and a JPEG file (except I just shoot in RAW and make a JPEG after processing).....and processing on DPP and then Affinity if needed.

I hope I can retain the discipline to delete what I don't need.

Leave a comment:

• Farider
    replied
    I record in camera in both JPEG and RAW (CR3 on the R) and save both copies of those pics I decide to save on to my own mirror drive. i have never used TIFFs or DNG. The only time I see TIFFs is in the internal transfer between LR and PS but I never save in this format. Occasionally in PS I’ll save in PSD format If I need to retain the file for future use. I work on the principal that If I have the original camera RAW file then it is always available in the future if I need it.

The pics i decide to retain are processed in LR are saved to JPEG on the mirror drive and LR pics are regularly pruned to retain space as I don’t want to pay for extra storage

Nowadays I go through the shots on camera and try to be rigorous on the pics worth saving and those to be discarded (this wasn’t always the case!)

Ian

Leave a comment:

• @imagesBV
    started a topic File format?

File format?

Can you please advise me on what you consider to be the best format to save photos.
    I've been saving TIFFS and DNGs as I believe nothing is lost.....I've used LR in the past but want to switch to DPP and Affinity.
    TIFFS take a lot of storage space and that is a concern long term.

Any advice please?
Working...
X