Tripod/monopod question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tripod/monopod question

At the moment i`ve got a Velbon Sherpa tripod but in the field it`s a little cumbersum, so i`m going to buy a monopod, the tripod has a quick release plate, the head is the PH-157Q, as I dont want to keep on removing the plate each time I use the monopod, can I buy a top for the monopod that is will recieve the same plate, any help greatly recieved.
    Sean.

Re: Tripod/monopod question

If you are looking for a common quick release plate you will need to buy a head for the monopod that uses the same fitting, just stating the obvious, I know that there are simple ball heads and more sophisticated tripod heads that use a common plate, Manfrotto and Giottos are just 2 such makes. Can I suggest that you have a look at a couple of the online stores such as Warehouse Express or Park Cameras and see what they have available. The following is the link to Wharehouse Express' tripod / monopod head page
    Our wide selection of tripod heads includes ball heads, panoramic, gimbal, fluid video, and pan-tilt heads from leading brands such as Manfrotto, Gitzo, and Giottos. Shop today at Wex Photo Video.

Comment

Thanks for the link mate, lots of usefull stuff on there, I might have to rethink about it, I want a monopod but can`t find a Velbon head that will accept my quick release shoe that hasn`t got the long pan handle, I just want a head that`s fixed with the recess for my shoe, any more help would be great please, Sean.

Comment

I have had a quick on the internet for Velbon heads and parts and have come up blank for what you are looking for, I don't know if anyone else on the forum has experience / advice that could help

Comment

Working...
        X