Strictly amateur website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strictly amateur website

I've always been interested in building websites so thought it about time to combine hobbies. As I say, completely a beginner and quite basic but it keeps me happy !! Im quite happy with constructive criticisms, I believe it is the best way to learn from those who probably know better
    http://www.richrogers.photography

Re: Strictly amateur website

Nice start to the site Rich, The thing that puts me off is waiting for the pics to scroll through, I would rather like to have control of the images I wish to view. I am using a Mac so there maybe some control that is not available to my browser. Just my opinion, well done you for the effort. The site is nice and clean to view.
    Col

Comment

Thanks for the comments, much appreciated. I think you can pause the images and go through with the arrows, however there are other slide shows available on the web builder i am using so the images would be displayed under the main photo. Is that what you were getting at? I also use a mac, never go back to windows now.

Comment

I agree with Col, a great start but the images take too long to load and then scroll, if it was possible to have the gallery shown in small thumbnails and the images scroll with an option to select an image that would be great. I hope this is OK as it is meant as constructive suggestions.

Comment

You've done a great job rich. Did you create it in joomla? If so, you havethe oppertunity to show low res picture en make it clickable for enlargement.
          Great job on the look and feel though! And nice to read something more about a fellow member (and actually see a face) ;)
          Do feel free to comment on any of my contributions.
          EOS-500D. Flickr: _rutger_

Comment

Thanks again for the comments. Im using ipage as a host and weebly web builder which is quite basic but suitable for my needs. Think Ill try a different type of gallery tho. As I said, all criticism taken in the right context, it is the only way to learn and progress

Comment

That site is quite nicely done. Well done.
              Can I ask which software you used?

Thanks

Comment

Nice site, and some lovely pictures on it too
                EOS 600d, ef 18-55 is kit lens, 50 mm 1.8 mkii, Tamron 70-300, 430EXii

Comment

Originally posted by Hereford_EOS2 View Post
                  That site is quite nicely done. Well done.
                  Can I ask which software you used?

Thanks
                  Im using ipage to host the site and through that, a simple webbuilder called weebly. It is very basic, drag and drop etc but you can upgrade. There is other software there butmore advanced and maybe for me, at least, for thr future.Thanks for looking

Comment

great look and feel of the site. as others mentioned taking long to load is a bit of a drawback. but there are some stunning images there too. thanks
                    regards
                    Donald

Comment

Thanks for all your comments, most welcome. Ive changed the gallery so hopefully it will work better and faster.

Comment

Does seem to load faster, and it looks good to me.

Can't help feeling sorry for the bird with the deformed beak.
                        Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                        Di's Flickr

Comment

Looks much better, some very nice pictures there, well done

Comment

Can only echo the other coments. Nice start and good photos... well done..
                            EOS 1DX, EOS 5D mkiii, EOS 7D, EF 17-40mm f4 L USM, EF 24-70mm f2.8 L II USM, EF 70-200mm f2.8 L II IS USM, EF 50mm f1.2 L, EF-S 60mm f2.8 Macro USM, Speedlite 580EX

Comment

Looks very good to me - well done - and loads quite fast to

Comment

Working...
                              X