3rd Party Manual for EOS 5D Mark 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3rd Party Manual for EOS 5D Mark 3

I am about to sell my 60D and buy a 5D mark 3.
    Whilst using the 60D I have used David Busch's book as my bible for the camera, and am thinking of buying his book on the 5D Mk3
    Are there better books to explain the working and uses of the 5D/3
    Canon EOS 5D Mk3, 60D.
    Lenses: EF 24-105 L USM, EF 70-300IS USM, EF 100-400 L IS, ISM

Re: 3rd Party Manual for EOS 5D Mark 3

I have Busch's book on the 5D3 and the 5D3 for Dummies. I don't think there's really much in it as far as which is better. They both help and if you're already familiar with the way Busch lays his books out, maybe you'd be more comfortable with him. His book also has a few more pages of index, which is a useful criterion as far as finding things in a book, I've found. I also found it easier to find some specific topics in his book, but that may just be down to the wording I was looking for. For example it was quite easy to find "Micro-adjustment", "Fine-tuning auto-focusing lenses" in Busch's book, but I'm not sure I ever found it in "Dummies" except by chance.
    I suggest having a look for both books (and others if you can find them) in a Barnes and Noble.
    It's a daunting, complicated camera but there are so many choices for almost everything it should be able to suit any taste, any ways of doing things. I expect togo on learning about it for years to come and my books to get more and more dog-eared!
    Good luck with yours when you get it!

Comment

Hi Randolph, did you get sorted?

I have this manual and I find it excellent.
      Attached Files
      The camera works just fine, it's the idiot staring through the viewfinder that need's help!

Comment

Originally posted by JaKS_Foto View Post
        Hi Randolph, did you get sorted?

I have this manual and I find it excellent.
        I second this book, very good indeed.
        Did you also know that you can buy an A5 sized manual, in ring bound format? Far, far easier to read than the little book supplied with the camera.

Comment

Working...
        X