60D Magic Lantern Guide.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

60D Magic Lantern Guide.

Anyone know when the 60d magic lantern Guide is due out .
    Thanks
    John

Re: 60D Magic Lantern Guide.

Don't bother
    5D4, 24 - 105 f/4L, 16 - 35 f/2.8L, Tamron 70-200 f/2.8, 580EX II.

Comment

It is already out and I have a copy. You get two DVD's with it and I found the second one of more use.
      Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Originally posted by vbcoen View Post
        Don't bother
        Hello and welcome vbcoen. Any reason why you wouldn't recommend it?
        Colin

Comment

Originally posted by colin C View Post
          Hello and welcome vbcoen. Any reason why you wouldn't recommend it?
          The book is a total waste of space: Very general can cover any camera from compact to SLR with no detail on anything. Acts more as protection for the DVD's.

As for the DVD course: If you have NO experience with a EOS camera them yes it is useful but I would also consider the one from Experience Seminars based in the UK and yes I have both although I no longer have a 60D as have upgraded to a 5D3.
          The DVD literally covers what the controls, menus are but does not go into real detail on the functions and their uses which limited the coverage of the DVD's so if you are familiar with other EOS models then ok, a light into but you need to look elsewhere for more details on such areas.

Is there better out there? I have not looked but most of this type of DVD is somewhat limited and more can be found on youtube!!

I have found the coverage offered via books eg, Digital Field Guides etc are better.

I have yet managed to keep awake for longer than 20 minutes even when viewing in the mornings.
          5D4, 24 - 105 f/4L, 16 - 35 f/2.8L, Tamron 70-200 f/2.8, 580EX II.

Comment

Originally posted by vbcoen View Post
            The book is a total waste of space: Very general can cover any camera from compact to SLR with no detail on anything. Acts more as protection for the DVD's.

As for the DVD course: If you have NO experience with a EOS camera them yes it is useful but I would also consider the one from Experience Seminars based in the UK and yes I have both although I no longer have a 60D as have upgraded to a 5D3.
            The DVD literally covers what the controls, menus are but does not go into real detail on the functions and their uses which limited the coverage of the DVD's so if you are familiar with other EOS models then ok, a light into but you need to look elsewhere for more details on such areas.

Is there better out there? I have not looked but most of this type of DVD is somewhat limited and more can be found on youtube!!

I have found the coverage offered via books eg, Digital Field Guides etc are better.

I have yet managed to keep awake for longer than 20 minutes even when viewing in the mornings.
            I think you had the wrong one and must be referring to the Magic Lantern Guides "Canon EOS 60D Multimedia Workshop" (ISBN 978-1-4547-0128-6).

The 320 page Magic Lantern Guides "Canon EOS 60D" by Michael Guncheon (ISBN 978-1-4547-0134-7) is very detailed and informative and does not include any DVDs.

Comment

Working...
            X