Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mastering Canon EOS Flash Photography

Just been given a copy of Mastering Canon EOS Flash Photography by NK Guy

That's the same bloke that wrote the deffinitve text on the eos flash : http://photonotes.org/articles/eos-flash/

Had a quick flick through, lots of good stuff nice pictures !

Trev

Re: Mastering Canon EOS Flash Photography

I've noticed Dan has this book too.
    Mybe we should share our views and thoughts on this book.

Looks like your getting a lot of book for your money however a significant portion of this book is given over to describing the various ways (equipment required) to trigger the flashguns off camera. (maybe too much) if you've already bought your kit for that. Great if you haven't.

Lots about on camera flash in the various modes. I only use M so this was interesting, but irrelevant for me.
    A Bit of detail about basic headshot lighting - and studio lighing use of light meters.
    Covers the various flash modifiers in detail with pictures, again maybe too much detail if you only have a few modifiers and you know what they do.

Informative pictures & written in a way that's easy to follow, assumes zero prior knowledge on one hand, but it's good for people who've been using their flashguns a lot.
    My copy is bang up to date with all the latest canon flashgun relaeses inc the newest 2 & 3 series.

Riveting read - reccomended :-)
    Trev

Comment

Working...
    X