MPB website for buying used equipment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MPB website for buying used equipment

I know that quite a few of you have used MPB to buy Canon products and accessories.
    They do international deliveries, and so before I lash out my hard earned cash, can those of you who have used them, offer any comments good or bad?

I assume equipment comes with some sort of guarantee etc?

Many thanks for your time.

Sandra
    Last edited by Mazzie; 03-01-2012, 18:31. Reason: additional question
    “Seeing is not enough; you have to feel what you photograph” – Andre Kertesz
    http://smphotography.foliopic.com/

Re: MPB website for buying used equipment

Excellent service and all above board.......Ive used them a few times.
    Brian squibb has used them a lot. They are worth phoning and talking too
    Last edited by hhcanon; 03-01-2012, 18:49. Reason: extra info

Comment

Originally posted by hhcanon View Post
      Excellent service and all above board.......Ive used them a few times......
      I have used MPB a couple of times and I received great service on each occasion.

BTW - You will probably have noticed that they advertise on these forums too.
      Bob Turner
      Dundee, Scotland UK.

Comment

They are very good - but watch their prices as some items of secondhand are close to those of new items from Kelso.

Brian
        ef-r

Comment

I have bought and sold from them and been very pleased with the service and prices. They do ship overseas but I have always used my sons address in the UK for deliveries.
          --
          Colin
          http://fotos-espana.com
          http://macameraclub.com
          http://turnspain.com

Comment

Many thanks for all replies. Off to browse now :)
            “Seeing is not enough; you have to feel what you photograph” – Andre Kertesz
            http://smphotography.foliopic.com/

Comment

Originally posted by briansquibb View Post
              ....... are close to those of new items from Kelso. Brian
              Brian,

Kerso is from Arbroath - even though he is based in Maryland, USA

Kelso is nice town in the Scottish Borders.
              Last edited by Bawbee; 04-01-2012, 13:55.
              Bob Turner
              Dundee, Scotland UK.

Comment

I don't buy used stuff but since mbp advertise on here and many other places I've had a look a few times.

What I don't understand is how they can have half a dozen of the same lenses or bodies all with more or less the exact same description "light signs of use"
                How do I know which one I'm gonna get ?? "Light signs of use" is too subjective/generic a phrase for me.
                Has anyone ever asked ?
                Trev

Comment

Beaten to buggery by the previous six pro owners are the ones you need to worry about.

Colin
                  Colin

Comment

Like Don McCullin's Noink F which took a bullet from an AK47 in 'Nam. This was in his exhibition at IWM (North) a while ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevoreast View Post
                      I don't buy used stuff but since mbp advertise on here and many other places I've had a look a few times.

What I don't understand is how they can have half a dozen of the same lenses or bodies all with more or less the exact same description "light signs of use"
                      How do I know which one I'm gonna get ?? "Light signs of use" is too subjective/generic a phrase for me.
                      Has anyone ever asked ?
                      Trev
                      I've bought several items from them - all as described and without any hassle.
                      A few years ago their website varied from day to day, or at least from week to week. Now it seems fairly static, and I do wonder if they've now built up their stock so that nearly every fairly common item is covered in depth? I've also done a part exchange with them about a year ago, and that was satisfactory.

----------

With regard to quality: so far I've returned more new items for warranty repair or exchange, than I have had problems with used items. (And I mostly buy used.) However, I do plenty of research before purchase, and if the web suggests poor quality control, I'll buy new so that I can easily return a lens which is de-centred, for example.
                      M Stewart
                      Milton Keynes, UK

Comment

Not personally bought anything from them but have asked for part exchange prices on a few bits and was stunned. They offer silly money for your item, even if brand new, will then stick it on their site for 200% profit. I know that have to make a living, but offering less than half the price they will sell something for is not good.
                        Previously "The Real Swoosh"

My Blog..HERE....My website.....SECONDINTIME.....Flickr HERE..... 500px HERE

EOS 60D, EF- 70-200 L (non is), EF-24-105 L, EF-17-40 L , EF 100mm Macro, , EF 50mm II, 580 EX II, Canon S90. Kids Kit. EOS 500D, EF-S 18-55mm, EF-S 55-250mm IS Manfrotto 3405B Tripod. Hama Compact pro Tripod. Giottos MTL 9351B Tripod, Giottos MH 1300 Head, Manfrotto 790B Monopod. Billingham Hadley Pro. Lowepro 202AW Slingshot Bag.

Comment

I have used them to buy and sell. I bought and at prices that were acceptable to myself. However when you see the item which you sold (remember it was a price that was acceptable to myself) advertised within days with a chunk more £'s added it is quite upsetting. Having said that it did take away any hassle/advertising cost etc.
                          The items I purchased were as described so overall it works for me just a little niggle as described above but...that business. The lesson for me is I suppose a similar experience to part exchanging cars, just don't look on the forecourt at your ex pride and joy :-)
                          Last edited by ST-EOS; 09-02-2012, 09:40.
                          Peter

Feel free to browse my
                          Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Working...
                          X