Squirrel with my compact- Canon 30X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Squirrel with my compact- Canon 30X

At long last, after several attempts at feeding wild life around me,I saw this "fat" chap eating some peanuts which I had put out. As I had no time to insert a battery into my DSLR (600d), already fitted with my 24-105, I grabbed my compact and took these pics through my patio window. Do let me know what you think.

Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Re: Squirrel with my compact- Canon 30X

Very nice for a compact. The eyes are a little soft, but still a nice shot for the camera you used.

Tom

Comment

Sharpen them in PSE and they get a lot nicer
      ef-r

Comment

YOu are very clever Brian. Not in my league at all. Will set about learning the ropes about PSE etc, now that I have retired!
        Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel View Post
          YOu are very clever Brian. Not in my league at all. Will set about learning the ropes about PSE etc, now that I have retired!
          Congratulations on your retirement.

Comment

Originally posted by tesarver View Post
            Congratulations on your retirement.
            Tom, thanks for your congrats! but to put you into the picture I was forced into retirement due to health problems!!!! I enjoyed my work so much that I perhaps went overboard with my work!
            Thats a long story Tom, and I am actually coming to terms with my "retirement"!!! Thanks anway.

Comment

Sorry to hear that you were forced into retirement due to health. Pray that your health is improving. Glad to know that you have a bobbie in photography to help you in your healing process.

Tom

Comment

Yes, photography and music helps me a lot. Perhaps I continued working well past normal retirement age via my own Limited comany and my health problems was Nature's way of telling me to STOP!

Comment

Nathaniel, sharpening is one of the easier things to do in post processing. Why dont you consider getting a book on Elements ? - the Dummies series is quite good

Stan
                  Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                  flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
                    Nathaniel, sharpening is one of the easier things to do in post processing. Why dont you consider getting a book on Elements ? - the Dummies series is quite good

Stan
                    Thanks Stan. Since Mick is sending me his PSE 8 I have just ordered the "dummies" book for it, via Amazon now. Should receive it by Tues. Hope I don't end up making a nuisance of myself on the forum by my additional difficulties with post processing!!!

Regards
                    Nat

Comment

Working...
                    X