Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Powershot Pro 1 v. the latest DSLRs and Compacts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Powershot Pro 1 v. the latest DSLRs and Compacts.

Just returned (still jet lagged) from a second trip to Australia in the last 4 years, this time spent in Perth WA and in the SW Margaret River Region.
    Like most of us faced the dilemma of what equipment to take with me, and decided in the end just to take my old faithful Pro 1, instead of my 50D and L series lenses, or my G11, purely on the basis of weight and convenience. The outcome - absolutely no regrets, some great pics. (IMHO) and no inconvenience of a large and weighty bag. I did see one serious lady photographer toting a 5D Mk. 2 and L series lens, while I was carrying my discrete Pro 1 - wonder if her pics. were any better than mine?
    I do wonder if we are in danger of becoming more interested in the latest equipment than the object of the exercise, i.e. recording decent, acceptable images? I share a similar view on IT in general consumer computing, electronics in cars, etc., etc.
    Am I just a dinosaur resisiting 'progess'?
    Discuss.
    Quentin

Re: Powershot Pro 1 v. the latest DSLRs and Compacts.

Fully agree quentin - its not what you got but how you use it.

Comment

Re: Powershot Pro 1 v. the latest DSLRs and Compacts.

I agree wholeheartedly as well Quentin

I think deep down we would all like the latest tech but the time has to come when you have to admit enough is enough.
      As you quite rightly state, why bother spending vast amounts of hard earned cash on the latest gear when in a relatively short time it too will become obsolete.
      If the images from your Pro 1 are decent, acceptable images isn't this what its all about?
      With the announcement of the 5D3 this doesn't make the 5D2 or the original 5D bad cameras overnight.
      I still occasionally take my first digital camera out for an airing (Powershot G2) and I'm still pleased with the images

Mike
      www.mstphoto.zenfolio.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27554645@N05/

Comment

Working...
      X