Chester Cathedral

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chester Cathedral

On a gloomy day I decided to go for a wander around Chester Cathedral with my new Powershot S95.
    As a mountain-lover I was pleased to spot a window in memory of those two brave souls from Cheshire, Mallory and Irvine who were lost on Everest.
    The indoor photos were taken without flash.

Stained glass window

Autumn colours
    EOS600D, 17-40mm L, 70-300mm IS, 50mm f1.8, 18-135mm STM, Powershot S95, 12 extension tube, Speedlight 380 EX.

Re: Chester Cathedral

Very nice ... did you try the restaurant in the cathedral? My mum sometimes eats there ... sometimes with the retired Bishop of Blackburn and friends.

Can't recall seeing the Mallory-Irvine banner (Did they or didn't they? Will we ever know?)

Comment

MX5 - No I didn't dine in the Cathedral - coffee earlier in M&S!
      The Mallory window is by the garden within the cloisters.

Ian
      EOS600D, 17-40mm L, 70-300mm IS, 50mm f1.8, 18-135mm STM, Powershot S95, 12 extension tube, Speedlight 380 EX.

Comment

I know Chester Cathedral very well having visited it several times- the concerts there are brilliant due to the acoustics. Can't remember having seen the inscriptions but will look for it the next time round. The food in the restaurant is quite nice- all for a good cause & quite fresh. Always have a bite there if I am shopping in Chester.

the images are quite sharp but I note that the stained glass window & the cathedral itself is a bit askew- could be my monitor.

Nat
        Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Love the stain glass of those old churches. Nat on the set.

Tom

Comment

Thanks for your comments everyone. I am quite impressed on how sharp the indoor photos are considering they were taken in poor light and hand-held.

Ian

Comment

The Mallory window I find quite inspiring

Comment

Working...
              X