Camera Canon PowerShot A480
    On "Programme" Mode.
    Exposure 0.017 sec (1/60)
    Aperture f/4.5
    Focal Length 14.8 mm
    ISO Speed 200
    Exposure Bias 0 EV
    Flash Auto, Fired, Red-eye reduction

Couldn't resist. The poor thing was there, surrounded with brown autumnal debris.
    Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
    Di's Flickr

Re: Winters Last

Touch of flash Di? - what a great idea - Im really liking this-could be processed in so many ways - onwards and upwards. By the way, hows youre shed?

Comment

Thanks. It had just finished raining and the sky was pretty dark. Plus the rose was under a set of high bushes which blocked the light even more. So I left the camera on auto flash to see if it activated and what it would look like.

By the way, hows youre shed
      LOL! Still at the bottom of the garden and too cold to spend any length of time in.
      Di's Flickr

Comment

Oh yes I like this, but I am a sucker for rich creamy colours, and this glows.
        Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
        Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

John

Comment

Winters Last

really like this image.

Tom

Comment

Thanks all.
              Di's Flickr

Comment

I''ve come back to this image a few times.

If you'd described it to me I would have probably been very negative about it - "on paper" it really isn't my "thing".

But, I really like it. And the more I look at it, the more I like it. I love the simplicity of the composition and the lighting. If think, if you'd shot it in natural light it would have been much less interesting.

Good one.
                “If you're gonna be a maniac, pyro's not a good maniac.” Larry David
                "Go ahead and play The Blues if it'll make you happy". Homer J. Simpson
                "War, children, it's just a shot away... Love, sister, it's just a kiss away". Mick Jagger & Keith Richards
                "I was in the band, ok. The girls were pretty interested, you know, with the guitar. They liked that.” Larry David

EOS 5D, 24-105L, 430EXII, G11

Comment

Thanks you
                  Di's Flickr

Comment

I've also come back and initially thought too much flash but I like it
                    Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
                    Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Very nice Di, Lovely colour and light

Regards Paul

Comment

Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Thanks all.

Been struggling with photography recently. Not really been fit enough to carry the 500D when I've been out and the A480 is a "new to me" christmas present (second hand ebay bargain) and now lives in my handbag/workbag/pocket on the theory of a camera is better than no camera.
                          Di's Flickr

Comment

Working...
                          X