Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New G11

Originally posted by Quentin View Post
    Accepting that Canon have to progress to remain market leaders I think it is a shame that they keep updating their models so frequently.
    I bought a G9 when still the current model, just about a year ago, then came the G10 shortly afterwards, and now a G11! Too many, too often.
    Quentin
    If your G9 does what you want it to, then surely it doesn't matter whether there is a G10, 11 or 12...?

Comment

Yes, I dont intend to give up the G9 just yet. Perhaps what I should have said was if I didn't won a compact and was in the market for one....
      www.garywhite-photography.com
      Gary White, MPhil
      Travel Photographer

Comment

The G10 will become cheaper as the newer model comes in. With lower resolution (and presumably less noise) is the G11 actually a better bet even though it will be more expensive? Which would be better to buy, as a back up to my 40D?

Comment

Originally posted by Hampshire EOS user View Post
          The G10 will become cheaper as the newer model comes in. With lower resolution (and presumably less noise) is the G11 actually a better bet even though it will be more expensive? Which would be better to buy, as a back up to my 40D?
          I think you should wait and read a full review on www.dpreview.com (etc) so you can get some idea about noise levels and image quality on the new G11. Otherwise, I'd say the G10 as a back up to the 40D and save some money....
          Gary White, MPhil
          Travel Photographer

Comment

Hello everyone, nice to have the forum back up and running. I have missed it.
            I have been waiting for the G11 instead of buying the G10. I would'nt say the G10 or G11would be a back up to my 5d Mk2. But the G11 sounds more promising as a possible alternative to the 40D when I don't want to carry an slr.

Comment

The S90 is certainly worth looking at, you may be interested in this link:

A preview of the Powershot S90

Suze

Comment

I can see the S90 replacing both my G10 and SD990 :)
                Jerry
                7D - S100 - S120

Flickr
                @jerryraia

Comment

Come on! It is not enough of an improvement to take the financial hit to upgrade from the G10 to G11. I have a 5D mk2, A 40D, and the G10 and I am a happy camper. I love my G10 and am not about to change now. It is like when the 40D was replaced with the 50D not enough of a change to upgrade. I can't see playing these games for the benefit of Canon's ever changing camera line. I also still have my Canon A1 from 1978. Some people have to have the newest wiz bang on the block. I buy cameras with the idea that I will have them for quite a while. The models I have are quality tools to accomplish the results I want. At this time I see no reason to change now.

Howard

P.S. I still have the same quality wife for the last 24 years and have no reason to change now.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Sheldon View Post
                    Come on! It is not enough of an improvement to take the financial hit to upgrade from the G10 to G11. I have a 5D mk2....
                    So why did you get the 5d mk2??
                    Jerry
                    7D - S100 - S120

Flickr
                    @jerryraia

Comment

Now that was worth the price. The 5d mk2 is my big gun the 40D is backup and the g10 is for when I want to travel light or see something that has to be photographed..... Now I also have a 3.2 meggapixel camera in my cell phone not a great camera but does the job in a pinch. Almost forgot my A1 antique. An oldie and a goodie. Being retired I can now indulge my passion for taking pictures...

Howard Sheldon

P.S. Jerry since you are in Los Angeles you should join our group it is free and we try to get out to shoot almost every weekend. http://lashooters.org/

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Sheldon View Post
                        P.S. Jerry since you are in Los Angeles you should join our group it is free and we try to get out to shoot almost every weekend. http://lashooters.org/
                        Thanks! Sent an email to do just that.
                        Jerry
                        7D - S100 - S120

Flickr
                        @jerryraia

Comment

The market for cameras is now profoundly different. In the 70's, the likes of Nikon, Canon and Pentax sometimes made cameras that were current for 12 years! E.g. Nikon F, Canon F1, Pentax MX, Olympus OM series, etc...
                          Gary White, MPhil
                          Travel Photographer

Comment

I Kant wait.
                            "Who is Number 1?" "I am not a number, I am a person."

Comment

I am in the market for a quality compact-its irrelivant what Dslr bodies you have as they have different uses, I am looking at the Canon G11, Panasonic LX3 or the Leica, Not having a release date for the Canon is a pain and if its not out in the next 2 weeks that will probably mean the Panasonic which has a better lens

Dave

Comment

OK . . I'm the proud owner of a G11 . . just picked it up, can't wait to have a play tomorrow . . It's saves me dragging my 1D mklll around all the time :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X