Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New G11

Originally posted by 2blox View Post
    OK . . I'm the proud owner of a G11 . . just picked it up, can't wait to have a play tomorrow . . It's saves me dragging my 1D mklll around all the time :-)
    Congratulations! I look forward to your first impressions, as I am contemplating purchase too.
    Quentin

Comment

Hey Jerry here is one we are going to and you should not miss.

My pal Neil says they even do a recreation of the full Pearl Harbor attack. He says it is a great show and not to be missed. So check out this link and post your thoughts about our going.

Howard

P.S. Check out this video about it too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-0EU4ZM2qI

And this one about Tora Tora Tora. http://www.toratoratora.com/home.html

Comment

Hi Guys,
        Got my new G11 on Thursday and had a chance to try it out along side my 5D Mk2 at a wedding I was covering last night. First impressions are excellent. "Less is most definitely more." This is the camera the G10 should have been.
        This camera shows what Canon can do, when they want too!

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Sheldon View Post
          Hey Jerry here is one we are going to and you should not miss.

My pal Neil says they even do a recreation of the full Pearl Harbor attack. He says it is a great show and not to be missed. So check out this link and post your thoughts about our going.

Howard

P.S. Check out this video about it too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-0EU4ZM2qI

And this one about Tora Tora Tora. http://www.toratoratora.com/home.html
          Err...., what has this got to do with the new G11, or am I missing something?
          Quentin

Comment

Originally posted by lalgulab786 View Post
            Hi Guys,
            Got my new G11 on Thursday and had a chance to try it out along side my 5D Mk2 at a wedding I was covering last night. First impressions are excellent. "Less is most definitely more." This is the camera the G10 should have been.
            This camera shows what Canon can do, when they want too!
            Thanks for the feedback, very helpful. Anyone else got one yet?
            Quentin

Comment

Just thought you'd like to see some mushrooms taken with the G10:

White Balance-Auto 1/60th f3.5 ISO250 with inbuilt flash hand held.

White Balance-Auto 2.5s f4 ISO80 no flash tripod mount & cable release

White Balance-Cloudy 13s f8 ISO80 no flash tripod mount & cable release
              rhodopsin The fat bloke with the camera stuck to his face, well actually I was born with it.

Comment

There's an interesting review in this week's BJP

Gary
                www.garywhite-photography.com
                Gary White, MPhil
                Travel Photographer

Comment

Thanks for the link Gary, most informative!
                  Quentin

Comment

I've recently got the G11 and can't fault it so far. I have found one "quirk" though and wonder if this is usual because it doesn't get a mention anywhere in the "handbook" (cd) .. and that is that I lose the review image on the viewing screen when I set the shooting method to "continuous shooting AF" . It's still there in "continuous shooting" etc . Apart from that it seems fine. The grain is less than I would have expected at 1600 and 3200 but of course is quite noticable if the light was poor and artificial in 1:1 viewing size on the screen. Mind you, I've not printed any images out that size!!! At the lower ISO settings the images are incredible.

Comment

G11???
                      I still use my G2 from time to time. Great quality images at A4. And I love the flip screen.
                      One of these days I'll maybe replace it with another "G" series but not yet.
                      www.mstphoto.zenfolio.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27554645@N05/

Comment

Originally posted by SamFisher View Post
                        G11???
                        I still use my G2 from time to time. Great quality images at A4. And I love the flip screen.
                        One of these days I'll maybe replace it with another "G" series but not yet.

Well, I did eventually get round to buying a G11.
                        Great images so far - really impressed compared to my Panny LX2 which I thought was the Bee's Knees at the time of purchase.
                        www.mstphoto.zenfolio.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27554645@N05/

Comment

Originally posted by SamFisher View Post
                          Well, I did eventually get round to buying a G11.
                          Great images so far - really impressed compared to my Panny LX2 which I thought was the Bee's Knees at the time of purchase.
                          Well done - you'll have hours and hours of fun with it.
                          rhodopsin The fat bloke with the camera stuck to his face, well actually I was born with it.

Comment

Working...
                          X